Muppet Whatnots

What is your favorite Muppet Show spoof?

• Veterinarian's Hospital

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Pigs in Space

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

LouieMartini

Reaction score
Cute... I love the entrance. Is the mouth on that one pretty easy to operate? The other two have more of a standard mouth but the green one makes me think of Beaker a little.
Thanks...
Now that I think of it, it was a bit awkward to move the mouth. Not sure of it was due to the tight fit of my hand getting pass the neck though.

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
Thanks...
Now that I think of it, it was a bit awkward to move the mouth. Not sure of it was due to the tight fit of my hand getting pass the neck though.
Do you have issues rotating the neck of your whatnot? I have the orange body and in other videos it seems simple but i can't when I'm working his mouth with one hand and his arm with the other

LouieMartini

Reaction score
Do you have issues rotating the neck of your whatnot? I have the orange body and in other videos it seems simple but i can't when I'm working his mouth with one hand and his arm with the other
I do have problems rotating the neck, but due to it being tight on my right hand. Its a bit more loose on my left hand. How does yours fit? It is a FAO whatnot or kit from TRU?

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
I do have problems rotating the neck, but due to it being tight on my right hand. Its a bit more loose on my left hand. How does yours fit? It is a FAO whatnot or kit from TRU?
I have the orange body and I purchased mine through FAO.com. I wish they had the green body available in TRU...that will be my next Whatnot base

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
Also to answer your actual question, it fits nicely. I feel there is too much stuffing in his head though as my hand gets exhausted when I'm performing a song or quick dialogue

Rugby

Reaction score
I have to say that the quality of this year's whatnots is a bit questionable and the photos used in promotional material on fao's web site and catalogue are quite misleading. The photos show puppets made of fleece with seamless faces and noses and show defined mouths that close all the way. The three whatnot puppets we got for Christmas from the fao web site are not like that at all. Heavy seams down the middle of the face and nose and puffy mouths that you can still see the inside felt of when completely closed.

I think most people would expect more for $99 a piece. I bought a Terry Angus monster puppet a few years back for $200 that is a true quality muppet-like puppet and would spend that money again any day over buying another one of these whatnot puppets. And they are very tiresome to operate as well. I find I have to let the mouth pop open just to give my hand a break. The only think I can call truly muppet-like on these puppets are the eyes. Other than that, they are little more than glorified toys and not anywhere near owning a true muppet. Very disappointing.

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Agreed 100% on all points mentioned.
Have the WhatNots been this way since they started?

The nose totally sucked and it wasn't even close to looking oval shaped, the sewing dimpled it badly and looked terrible, and needed it to be replaced to look good.
The head was way too stuffed and didn't look as nice a online.
The fleece in the promo shots is Antron style and what you get is polar fleece.

I got my Whatnot monster and covered him in the extra purple suit material I got free, but I really don't know if I will waste anymore money on these now that I have seen the quality of material you get.
Disappointed as well.
Lynn

Baconroadtrip

Reaction score
I got a What Not for Christmas this year. I love it. Though I do believe that if you go into the ACTUAL Workshop in NYC they do a better job of making your What Not. Because you're standing right there. My friend got one 2 years ago and it looks fantastic. I will admit mine his eyes are a little too close together, but it's ok.

I wanted so badly to go to the actual store and MAKE a muppet, but sadly I just couldn't afford it. But making mine online, then getting it for Christmas was a more than suitable substitution.

I have seen online the TRU What Nots but I think they look a lot cheaper quality. I've been reading reviews and they seem much smaller and not high quality. I like being able to change the eyes, etc. but they aren't again, as higher quality. I'm happy with mine and would like to get another one next year.

I did want to know if there's a way to purchase another arm stick from FAO!!?? I obviously want 2 instead of just one. And I like the black.

Thanks!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm getting the two what not kits in the mail. Now I admit they will probably be at home puppets for my daughters and I to play with, because for work I'd much rather use slightly larger puppets, but I do have students who use the What nots to perform with. Anyways I never thought they were the best quality puppets even from the begining. They always were more toys than performance puppets. That being said, it is kind of neet to have Muppet banded puppets that you can actually manipulate like a "real" muppet. They certainly are durable enough if not the highest standard of a puppet. I'll have to see how the kits compare to my What Not that I ordered a couple years ago.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Got my two Muppet what not kits...my daughter and i noticed that in the orange one you have all the parts needed to make Danvers from the Tales of a sixth grade Muppet book.