1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Wizard of Oz to film in September

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Jul 17, 2004.

1. christyb

christyb New Member

I'm sorry to hear that Good Doc. I'll be praying for you and your wife.
  2. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor New Member

Hey thanks, I do not want to turn this into my own person sob story right. But I am thankful for the prayes and support, so any way back to Muppets and stuff, there has got to be more out there on this Muppets Oz thing.
  3. christyb

christyb New Member

Sad to say there's not. However I did post a question in the "Teaser Trailer" thread. Just something I noticed while foolin' around with my computer files. Check it out and see if you know the answer.
  4. The Good Doctor

Well I guess I will have to go and read that thread as well.
  5. MuppetAlex

MuppetAlex New Member

:eek: didn't they do like a mini one in muppets go to the movies?!?
  6. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Yeah, but that was based on the MGM film rather than the book. But I thought that was really good. I liked Rowlf commenting on the black and white!! :sympathy:
  7. The Good Doctor

I loved that skit, and to be honest i thought scooter made a better scarecrow than Kermit.
  8. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

I know. Personally I think it should have been Kermit as tin man and Gonzo as Scarecrow; as I dont like Kermit with no brain. Also, why is Kermit in the real world in the Teaser?
  9. The Good Doctor

Yeah I mean for real, they have really taken a lot of liberties with the story, and changed it around way to much. Every one has always tried to take a simple beautiful story and make it bigger and better thant it actually is. If they would just let it stand on its own, the story is so darn good, a true American classic, it needs no jazzing up, Muppets or not. :eek:
  10. The Good Doctor

Muppets OZ

I take back all the crap I said before Muppets OZ was Really Really good! Not great, butit was almost great, very well done.
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Big Grin!

Wow! For YOU to say that means a lot. I mean, it HAS to be good. *does a little dance* Now we need to R2 DVD release announced...
  12. The Good Doctor

Muppets in OZ

I actually posted some more detailed comments in another thread here at Muppet central. But I appreciate this opportunity to sort of eat my own words.

As many of you know I have been very critical of the Muppets, especially there more recent productions, and I was feeling pretty low about this New Muppet Wizard of Oz story. For the past 10-12 years I have collected, studied, and read the original Oz books by L. Frank Bum and his predecessors. When I began hearing about Muppets OZ, I was very disappointed, the clips of the trailer I saw confirmed my disappointment and my fears, there was no way that this Muppets Oz Would live up to the book I knew and loved so well.

But I listened to all the positive things folks had to say here, and so I decide I would watch the film. In fact I was actually very excited about it. So there I was at the age of 29, sitting Indian style on the floor in front of the TV with a big bowl of popcorn. The only time I left the room was to go to the bathroom on the commercials, I watched the entire film, and in fact it was great!

Now was it fantastic, no it was not, but it was so good I can hardly wait for the DVD! In a strange and twisted Muppet kind of way the story really does fallow the book really very closely. The Voices were really great, Scooter sounded so close I would say it was so close he has actually grown younger. Sam as many of you know is one of my favorites voice was really good, in fact I would say it was as good as when I do his voice and that is top notch. The Frank Oz joke was timed perfectly, and did not mind that it was Kermit who asked and not Fozzie. The story was good, at the very heart of it all they did get the message across that home is where the heart is, and there is more to life than fame and fortune. Miss Piggy was great as the witches, but I had wished that Gonzo was not a robot but more of a tin man.....I mean thing.....but that was ok....he still gets his heart in the end.

So gang I owe you all an apology, it seems that I was wrong, and I am sorry for perhaps the overly critical comments I had made earlier. But I will say this, there is still room for Muppet improvement, and I think that is very good, very, very good indeed.
    :) :rolleyes: