Muppeteer headband microphones

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
A company called Studio One makes a product called the XLR-BP-PRO3 that's really good. It has three XLR mic inputs and also inputs for standard 1/4" and 1/8" plugs if I remember correctly. It retails for somewhere between $200 - $250 US I think. If you do some Googling you should be able to find some info on it.

renegade

Reaction score
Please let us know how they work ! would be a big help for me
thanks
nate

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We've used the wireless microphones that usually clip onto your collar, but have made little wires that the cords of the mikes run up and into a cap, then down by your side. Works the same as the Muppets' headbands and sounds as good.

Phantom

Reaction score
Those mics work really well and are pretty comfortable, but they are super sensitive. So far no problems with them, but we're still playing around with them.

Phantom

Reaction score
I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I'm just getting into this sound engineering thing. My cousin (who is also one of my puppeteers) is a wiz at all this stuff. I'm just trying to pick up what I can at this point.

intozlight

Reaction score
Keep in mind how many you are going to need total - a vhf system is not usually good for more than three or four wireless (consider if you will be growing). If you need more (like us) you might want to consider UHF - I like the Sennheiser ew15262 evolution g-2 - they run about $480 (if you shop) or there is a unit by Sampson called the Airline which has the reciever built into the headset and is waterproof - it sells for about $320 but does not have selectable channels (you get what they send.) It's fidelity isn't as good but it is more convenient - hope this helps.
We are trying to decide as well. God only knows how we'll raise the money :smile:

Director Davies
ripplesministry.org

Phantom

Reaction score
Good info that I found out the hard way. Our system only accomodates 6 which is what we bought. It should serve us well over the next few years, though.

Rack mountable stuff would have been better too. Live, learn...