1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppeteers who voiced cartoon characters

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Xerus, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I remember hearing some of the Muppeteers voice some cartoon characters.

In some of the Sesame Street cartoons.....

There was a cartoon called Flossie and Splat. And it sounded like Kevin Clash did the voice of the short purple monster called Splat. And in the cartoon, find the animals on the monkey's jungle T-shirt, it sounded like Kevin was doing an elephant.

In the cartoon, Tall Tall Texan, I could hear Jerry Nelson voicing the Short Short Texan. Also in the cartoon, Lucky 13, Jerry was doing the singing western rat.

And Baby Bear's cartoon, Hero Guy, that character was also voiced by David Rudman.

Jim Martin also lent his voice in a few SS cartoons. Like a chalk drawing bird in 12 birds and a movie director in a 12 cartoon. And a few cartoon characters in The Puzzle Place.

Victor Yerrid who is not only a puppeteer, he also seems to do voices for shows like Robot Chicken and Drawn Together.

In Monsters Inc. Frank Oz did the voice of Fungus, the red monster with glasses and lots of eyes.

Sheep in the Big City had a lot of Sesame Street Muppeteers doing voices. Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Joey Mazzarino, Fran Brill, and one time, Jerry Nelson.
  2. goshposh

goshposh Member

bill barretta did some voices for kim possible
  3. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

How about Richard Hunt voicing the grocer in the telephone cartoon?
  4. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

what telephone cartoon? I did read the 1st post carefully but don't know exactly what cartoon you mean.
  5. TotallySpiesFan

6. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Do I count? I was only a Muppeteer in one film, but I've also done cartoon voices.

:p
  7. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Really? Which cartoon characters have you done?
  8. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

I was in Disney's "The Rescuers". I voiced the French delegate in the mouse U.N. and also the singing voice of the Dutch lady who hits a clinker and everyone looks over at her.

I was on a few episodes of Hanna-Barbera's animated version of "The Little Rascals" and I did a voice in H-B's "What A Cartoon" series on a cartoon called "Yucky Duck". I also did a voice on the internet cartoon "The Kellys", which appears on Nascar.com.

:p
  9. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Wow, I remember watching Yucky Duck a few times and I'll have to rent The Rescuers to watch that scene with your characters in it. And I'll check out Nascar.com soon.

I'm a big fan of cartoon voice artists and I'm honored I got to talk to one right now.

And yes, I can count you as a puppeteer who did a cartoon voice.

Peace 2 U! :)
    Xerus
  10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Really? That's awesome! Do you have any idea what episodes?
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

LOL! I LOVE that part! "You mean everything to meeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!!!"

Which Yuckie Duck cartoon, and which character?
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wow, that's pretty darn cool! As a child, I loved The Rescuers. I used to sing the Rescue Aid Society song all the time. ;)
  13. D'Snowth

OH! I almost forgot... Fran Brill guest starred in two episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog. She played "The Fishonary" in episode number 36 "Fishy Business"/"Angry Nasty Business", and the "Stitch Sisters" in episode 38 "The Quilt Club"/"Swindlin' Wind".
  14. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Fran Brill did a bunch of voices for "Brand-Spanking New Doug".

(Plugplugplug): http://franbrill.com/ (Check out the voice demos!)
  15. TotallySpiesFan

The "Zathura" robot, though not a cartoon character, is voiced by Frank Oz.
  16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Bill Baretta's the man. Retrospectively, you could say Frank Welker voiced a cartoon character who was a puppet! :)
  17. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I just found out that Karen Prell once did the voice of a baby unicorn named Unico in two anime movies. The Fantastic Adventures of Unico and Unico on the Isle of Magic.
  18. D'Snowth

So Fran's got her own website? Cool. Not much IMHO, but it's cool to listen to some of her work outside of the Muppets.
  19. spcglider

spcglider Member

I guess I'm just the opposite... I've done voice-overs mostly for video games and industrial/educational videos, but I want to be a Muppeteer!!

LOL.

-Gordon
    www.puppetforge.com
  20. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I just found out that puppeteers, Drew Massey and Dan Milano did voices on Robot Chicken.

Leslie Carrara voices Wendy White on Poochini as well as Mrs. Takamine on Zatch Bell.

Julianne Buescher also voices characters on Zatch Bell, the characters Zabas and Alm. As well as Bebe Cahill on the Weekenders and lots of other animated movies.

And on a cartoon called Tigersharks, I believe Camille Bonora voiced the characters Octavia, Angel, Hydra, and Soulmate.