MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Muppet Fest was definately a dream come true...but I would hope its not a once in a lifetime event. I mean those Farscapers get 3 cons a year!!?!??!!? What the heck???

anyways, while the live Muppet show thing might have been a one time deal, Im thinking th econ would be a go if things somehow get back on course. As pointed out, everything seems to hinge right now on the Valentine deal.

Though like everyone, it would be too cool to have another fest, wherever it would be held. I would also hope for everyone to be able to make it!
Too true, too true! They even have a M.U.S.C.L.E. con this year. Actually, Beaker, you may want to check it out. It's not just al;l about Muscle, but rather a lot of toys from the 1980's. (including Garbage pail kids, Star Wars, and Transformers)

It's in California, I believe, so you could probably get to it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We do need another convention just like that one. If no live MS, it would be cool to have more personal access to the performers and some one-on-one with the Muppets themselves possibly. Maybe the "gold ticket" could be dinner with the performers and some kind of lounge area where they meet with the fans and have their characters 'on hand' (haha) to visit. Something like that, y'know?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
We do need another convention just like that one. If no live MS, it would be cool to have more personal access to the performers and some one-on-one with the Muppets themselves possibly. Maybe the "gold ticket" could be dinner with the performers and some kind of lounge area where they meet with the fans and have their characters 'on hand' (haha) to visit. Something like that, y'know?
Man, always the great thinker Kev my man! Even if there was no live show(maybe a REAL Sesame live show?, not a bunch of baffoons in suits) Indeed, I think being able to talk with both the performer and their signature Muppet would be relaly too cool. thats kind of how I imagined MF for the gold ticket folks *sigh* At least we got to meet the real Sweetums! heh But yeah it would be really a special treat to be able to actually converse with a real Muppet. How surreal is that? Disney or Looney Tunes could never do that! But yes, I would be willing to pay even more for a gold ticket deoending on what the gold ticket entailed. Either way I am prepared to spend money out the wazoo for airfare/fees/expenses should a Muppetfest be announced...well, ya never know!

It would just be sooo cool if everybody could make it. I didnt really know anyone from online, so I didnt really talk to many folks there. But it was th enicest atmosphere, everything smiling and happy...I can just imagine a new MF!(I mean what other con has all the folks imaginable involved actually at the con? Not star Wars, Trek, or Farscape cons...thats for sure!)

Originally posted by Drtooth
Too true, too true! They even have a M.U.S.C.L.E. con this year. Actually, Beaker, you may want to check it out. It's not just al;l about Muscle, but rather a lot of toys from the 1980's. (including Garbage pail kids, Star Wars, and Transformers)
It's in California, I believe, so you could probably get to it.
(as SNL's the Ladies Man Leon Phelps would say...)Yeahhhh...what is that? :wink: So they actually have a Muscle con? Is it gonna be on the outskirts of Barstow or something? Then again they actually have a Transformers con every year. Seems a lot of grown ups are trying to recapture their childhood, heh.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i wouldn't hold my breath, i think Phil's line on this is about right. The marketing and promotions people wanted to hold one about now but the political/business side of it wasn't there. The timing before (even with the delay) was perfect - the idea was they could use it as a promotional event to push the 25th anniversary deals and licensing, and make money from selling Creation the rights to do it, and selling tickets to the public. It seems (from what i heard) it didn't make as much money as they thought it could and there isn't that need right now to have another grand scale promotional event so they could fund it that way. I think the hopes were that the new owners would take 100% of the company and thus decide they wanted a big bash to relaunch the Muppets in front of the media and a big crowd. Instead we'll probably see EMTV keep 51% of the company and they are very cautious about spending any money on anything, especially not if there's a chance it won't make much back. Personally i think it'd be more financially viable and have more chance of being an annual event if they held it at Chaplin each year as was the original plan but they seem to make more money from renting that place out to others. It could be a possible event in another year or so but i bet the new owners really have to fight for it if they want it to happen. If fans really want it to happen you should probably write to Creation - it probably depends a lot on whether they think it's worth doing even if JHC wants it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, folks...time to search out that address info about Creation and get to work!!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I think what Phil and Luke have said is pretty well accurate, though I feel compelled to note that a friend of mine visited the Henson Studios in December and saw a calendar of events that listed MuppetFest 2 for Spring 2003. Of course, there were no other details, and at this rate it'd have to be late June, just before the beginning of summer, to qualify as spring at all. We'll just have to wait to see who ends up owning them and whether or not the new owners are interested in holding conventions at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.