MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Your Muppetfest Wishlist

Originally posted by Luke
Muppet Sing-A-Long led by Bear from Bear In The Big Blue House
That would be *fantastic*, but only if it was Noel this time.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Can I wish for a free flight to New York?

Some very solid ideas Luke. Unlike many of you, I'm hoping this is delayed as much as possible to put me in a better position to attend. Lost my job, had surgery, and a pregnancy all within 2 months of the last one, so that one was out.

So I just want what's best for me. Like "MUPPETFEST AT THE RIDGELAND TOWNHOMES" in Salt Lake City, Utah.

:crazy:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
All I want, regardless of autographs and photo-ops, show secrets and Q&A's, is to see Cantus performed live (and well). That is all. I would travel any length to see it, and I would not care if all Muppetfest turned out to be was that one brief performance.

So you all plan the inner workings, but try to envision a spot where my foam rubber hero will shine once more. (I guess Luke did it with the Live FR performance, so that's very cool).

-Matt

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I would travel any length to see it, and I would not care if all Muppetfest turned out to be was that one brief performance.
Creation Entertainment would love you then Matt, that's an easy $300 right there.

I want them to hold it off a bit too. I couldn't go unless it's sometime between Jan and July next year because of money and the production schedule for work. I know it can't be January, April or July because of Creations existing diary so my chances are slim.

swngnhepcat

Reaction score
Muppetfest 2003???

Does anyone out there know if there is going to be a Muppetfest this year?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's very unlikely. It's a possibility in 2004, but lots of other things in the company right now take precedence. The company is going through a major evaluation and planning period right now.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I'm guessing 2004 for the next MuppetFest; hopefully in Spring if in California or Summer if in New York, 'cause :sing: I like New York in June, how about you? :sing:
Heh, last time I was in the big apple was in the month of June(course it was back when big shouldered blazers, skinny ties, and
Duran Duran was popular)

But yeah, NYC, London, Tunisia, 1989...it doesnt matter, wherever it is, the entropic one shall be there:wink:

Btw, Farscape this year, which is no more gets a con...but Muppets dont? bah.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Btw, Farscape this year, which is no more gets a con...but Muppets dont? bah.
Well Sci Fi makes more $$$$ and attracts more people.

I was actually looking at Creations schedule for early-mid next year, looks like they are very busy already.

beaker

Reaction score
How we're gonna get everyone to the next Muppetfest

I have been on and am on sooo many different forums ranging in everything from sci fi/films to anime and video games. But obviously nothing is as friendly, warm, or helpful as this one.

It's really wonderful to see a reflection of the Muppets on here; a
mix of friendship, wackyness, comradery, love, and imagination/creativity. If this is the Muppet Show, what about a Muppet Movie? ....movin' right along...

I feel it deep within my foam and fur that we will hear an announcement for a new Muppetfest at either two points; perhaps by Summer's end for a December 2003 shabang, *or* more realistically an announcement for a spring/summer 2004 date. Muppetfest: the surreal hopefully not once in a lifetime dream event where ya can meet all your favorite muppeteers(and some muppets), have a q&a with actual muppets, meet other wacky muppet fans, and live the dream for a couple days straight.

....and guess what, I want everyone to go...even folks who arent on MC anymore, or will be on MC and they dont just know it.

However, there are 3 major barriers to this objective:
*money
*time off(from school/job/etc)
*geography

When MF was in California, it was easy for folks like me who live in the state to say "come on down". Tell that to someone on the east coast or in the midwest. I believe the next one will eminate(most likely, tho I could be wrong) from New York. So on top of the admission/spening money there is the lodging, hefy plane ticket, other expenses...plus time off from whatever.

But one can dream...we come from all parts of the globe...yet I feel strongly within a year there will be an event that becons all to one central location. That even I believe will be Muppetfest 2. So how does one realistically attempt to go?
The time is now to prepare I believe, and that is what I am doing.
The first hurdle to overcome is money. One great way to help out with this is eBay. Yep, eBay. In 2001 I was able to make enough from ebay to pay entirely for the MF trip. countless millions more on eBay, I am continually amazed how easy it is to make the bling, even if its just a couple hundred extra canoles. People love Muppet stuff, especially Muppet Show related and if its more rarer *or* brand new(say from Hot Topic or someplace) Start there...dont part with anything youll regret, but also see if there is anything you can part with if theres a chance it could fetch a good sum. Video games are also another sure fire win usually, especially game boy advance games(for some reaosn those tend to sell the fastest for me) A brief side job is also good, perhaps just for a couple month sin the summer. I still have some money saved from when I worked at Pottery Barn(then again at the time I thought the next Muppetfest would have been this summer, heh)

Time Off...aw, now this may be the real hurdle for some folks. Might have the dough, but not the time off from either work or school.
My advice for the job thing...the day an announcement is made try and get that weekend off. Sometimes if ya request time off that much in advance(Im sure Creation Ent would give at least 4 months notice) its easier to get off. Or perhaps find somebody to cover your shift for that period(or heck clal in sick if it wont jeopardize your job) School, especially college is more trickier being more is on the line. If MF is during non school era like Summer, spring break, or Christmas then it will be a cinch. But, if its in say March, September, or during a non holiday break it could be tough.

So there you go...with JHC buying back, well JHC I believe the possibilities are limitless and the possibility for a next MF is that much greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.