Muppets Acting Out of Character

peyjenk

Reaction score
I have been rewatching Season 1, and I am struck again and again by Muppets acting out of character. I know that in S1, the characters were still developing and weren't as polished as they are now, but it still catches me off-guard how cruel Kermit can be, how stupid Fozzie can be, and how many pig jokes Miss Piggy makes.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
XD Kermit was a snarky fellow.
Still is at times. He just softened over the years. :3 I think he's 50 now or something. XD OLD MAN KERMIT!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Gonzo in "MFS".

The man was freaking out when he learned his brain was going to be sucked out. Usually he probably would have said something like "really, that's so cool!"

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
I thought Zoots line in Aint got that swing in cleo laines episode was funny but i never thought as him as being weird. out of all the muppets i always thought him and floyd were the most down to earth.:sing::cool:

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I thought Zoots line in Aint got that swing in cleo laines episode was funny but i never thought as him as being weird. out of all the muppets i always thought him and floyd were the most down to earth.:sing::cool:
I always thought it was funny. To me, I always thougth Zoot was like Homestar Runner, with an unbelievably loose grasp on the world around him. And, here was the quote:

"It's written: a zebra and a geranium should never use the same toothbrush!":cool:

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
I always thought it was funny. To me, I always thougth Zoot was like Homestar Runner, with an unbelievably loose grasp on the world around him. And, here was the quote:

"It's written: a zebra and a geranium should never use the same toothbrush!":cool:
good point i thought it was funny too but i think hes just like so vague alot of the time that when i hear him say something like that it catches me off gaurd. Now that i think about it he is kinda out there in his own little world.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Gonzo in "MFS".

The man was freaking out when he learned his brain was going to be sucked out. Usually he probably would have said something like "really, that's so cool!"
I agree with that, normally he would have thought it was cool. :concern:

And yeah, I think Zoot's line just shows he's out there in his own little world. :cool:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Or that other one where they are dancing with penguins..."Oh Beaker!" "Alright Beaker, my turn to lead!"
When was that?

I think Animal acted out of character during the "At the Dance" segment in the Rich Little episode. He is actually helpless there, and he didn't seem to enjoy any of the abuse he got.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Gonzo in "MFS".

Hmm...see, I think Gonzo has grown up and developed since we first saw him chewing a rubber tire to the tune of the Bumblebee's Flight. I think he has enough intelligence burried inside his arti'st brain that he knew having his brain actually sucked out was something that could damage him irrepareably. It's not like arm stretching, face smashing, or even the barbecue tap-dancing he so frequently engages in.