"Muppets Ahoy!" Stage Show on Disney Cruise Line?

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Thanks Joemuseum!
I appreciated your opinions of Muppets Ahoy! and the fun you experienced on board as well. Very cool! Thanks! :smile:

joemuseum

Reaction score
Also, if I were going to make the show better, I would include more skits where it appeared that Kermit were talking to another Muppet on another part of the ship. The videotapes did not always have Muppet to Muppet conversation.This would require more effort concerning timing, etc. Similarly, the plot of the show might be more about Kermit trying to get each Muppet to join the show from whatever part of the ship than about finding a guest star. These are just suggestions.... Inside jokes about particular oddities of the cruise ship seem to go over very well.

I would like to hear a review of the performance on the 11 night cruise, if there was one. Perhaps the show evolved more.

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
Vic Romano, I have a question about the quote from the Disney Forum that you said your cousin e-mailed you. I believe it's from a trip report by user Disneynut1955 on DisBoards.com. The original post (at http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14603354&postcount=7) reads as follows:

In fact, the show was not truly about the Muppets. The Muppets were nothing more than bookends to a horrible cabaret performance by some Italian circus performer who kept uttering “I like you”. The filmed sequences with the Muppets onboard the ship were cute, but he rest of the show was trash. Sorry to be so harsh, but Disney Entertainment deserves to be slapped for trying to pass this off as a show. The people voicing the characters could not even maintain the character voice. Truly the most horrific show I have ever seen.
But the version you quoted (from your cousin's e-mail) contained an additional line, excluding Gonzo's performer from criticism:

In fact, the show was not truly about the Muppets. The Muppets were nothing more than bookends to a horrible cabaret performance by some Italian circus performer who kept uttering “I like you”. The filmed sequences with the Muppets onboard the ship were cute, but he rest of the show was trash. Sorry to be so harsh, but Disney Entertainment deserves to be slapped for trying to pass this off as a show. The people voicing the characters could not even maintain the character voice, although Gonzo was pretty good. Truly the most horrific show I have ever seen.
I'm just wondering where the rogue line came from. Did your cousin add it? Did you? Has Disneynut1955 edited his post?

Thanks for clarifying this, Vic.

Kynan Barker
One Muppet, One Voice
www.savethemuppets.com

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Can't say for sure, I'll ask him. I did not add any lines. All I can say is that he knows I'm a big Muppets fan and he's a big Disney fan and when he saw this, he thought he'd share it with me.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
They're in the second-to-last set of posts in the "Save the Muppets" thread. Pretty good pictures I think!!

:smile:

Marky

Reaction score
thefroglives said:
I would like to see that show.

I've heard that Disney makes its entertainers do ship chores on their cruise lines when not performing.

joemuseum

Reaction score
Marky said:
I've heard that Disney makes its entertainers do ship chores on their cruise lines when not performing.
Entertainers that live aboard the ship do lots of different entertainment things, like for small groups or kids, etc. Some do character appearances. Like Peter Pan on stage is the same Peter Pan who does appearances on the ship. I seriously doubt entertainers clean the decks as "chores" suggests. :smile: