Muppets as british as fish n chips

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
Plus, it being a british show, it was a big part of the culture. So I'd say that the Muppets belong pretty equally to both parts.

well said that man, nice point Mrs Pepper, the Americans and British hold up the muppet flag together as one

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Kaiser Gonzo said:
erm, not to pinch your american tv characters guys, but some people consider the Muppet Show as british as fish n chips, and i myself do, after all the americans would'nt have the muppets and a lot of people i know in england think the muppets are english, so The Muppet show is i suppose it was all done over here, your opinions
I agree with you and this is why I believe the show and the muppets are lacking these days the lack of british influance is not there so it just seems a bit dull....as much as I love them...thats why I think kermit seems so imature these days...either that or he's having a mid life crisis lol:smile:
-Vaughn Michael

spcglider

Reaction score
The Muppets themselves are an American property... but The Muppet Show on the other hand, is DEFINITELY a BritiMerican hybrid.

But hey, I don't care who claims it... I'm just glad to have grown up on it!

-Gordon

Timotheus

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, spc...with the exception of perhaps where the humor comes from, why does it matter? It could come from Mars for all that it's worth; if I watch it here and I like it, what does it matter (aside from the fact that, as far as earthbound science is concerned, there is no life there to produce television)?
Now, as far as britishness to its humor, that's fine. America doesn't seem to produce any decent (and I mean that as opposed to indecent or obscene) comedy anymore. Course, there's plenty of raunchy British stuff, if I remember correctly, but now I'm just off on a tangent...

pepestarr

Reaction score
I class the Muppet Show as British but the Muppet films as American

Barry Lee

Reaction score
When the Muppet's host the "Tonight Show" Leo Sayer and Scooter talk about British talk. So maybe Scooter might be british.

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
The Muppets may be american,
but THE MUPPET SHOW is BRITISH!!!
your american tv stations would'nt even accept the muppet show, were as the kind british ones would, THE MUPPET SHOW IS BRITISH!!!!!!!