1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets Auditions Sept 2005+

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Fozzie Bear, Aug 25, 2005.

1. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

See?

Old age, sad, sad.

:excited:
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Not old age. Lead-based paint in the old apartment I live in...

...who am I?
  3. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

It doesn’t look like anyone has been contacted yet. Perhaps they are waiting till after the Holidays to contact people.

I had a conversation with someone here at MC and we both came to the conclusion that those that are contacted would do best for themselves to not mention it on MC.

Some MC members will be happy for those MC members whom are contacted, and others who support the save the muppets cause might criticize them for it, causing a rift at MC.

So to keep the peace should a MC member be contacted, it might be in their best interest to keep the info private and out of this group.

(Just my humble opinion.)
  4. KermieBaby47

Or they could send PM's! :D

I need to live vicariously through these part-time Muppeteers dontcha know.
  5. Fozzie Bear

Yes, you don't want to announce if you're contacted, gang.

Since this is all old news now, I'm going to remove it as a sticky.
  6. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Small update:

I spoke to someone at MHC and asked what was the status of the auditions.
    I was told:
    "No decisions have been made yet."

I asked since they have taken so long if their plans were cancelled.
    "No, they were not cancelled, some still have a chance." I was told.

That's it. Nothing more was said.
  7. spcglider

spcglider Member

Wow. That's harsh.
    -Gordon
  8. Fozzie Bear

It may have sounded harsh, but I also wonder how many calls they've gotten lately? The reality of what we already knew is harsh enough, eh?

Still, I know it was a stern environment and I know that in the end they'll pick really good folks for the jobs. I do know some from other auditions and if they don't get picked from what I've heard voice-wise and seen performance wise then MHC is missing out (as is SW).
  9. Fozzie Bear

So nobody's wondering, a very reliable source has notified me that the callbacks have been made and a select handfull of puppeteers will be going to Disneyworld in March.

Good luck to EVERYONE, and congratulations to all others who actually went out to do this. Auditioning takes a LOT of guts and I'm proud of everyone.

Hopefully some of our own will be going down there and will make it in to work with The Muppets!
    ----------------
    DISCLAIMER:
    The information I posted earlier is all the information that I have to offer up. I do not know any addresses, e-mails, or phone numbers. I do not know who was called and I do not know what restrictions or guidelines were used when deciding who would be called. E-mails and PMs to me regarding this information will now be deleted without being read as I have no further information about what I posted. Thanks, Kev
  10. KermieBaby47

I still kill my car stereo whenever "Hey Ya" comes on.

Good luck to those who made it! I can't wait to hear your Kermits'.
  11. Eclectic Mayhem

Eclectic Mayhem New Member

Is this considered an actual "callback" (as in, a continued audition) or more of a workshop for those invited to begin training with their characters?

And, yes, good luck to all. Any folks here get asked back?
  12. Marky

Marky Member

How were they contacted?

Hi all! I'm brand new to the forum and this is my first post.
    So How were the people who got call-backs contacted? Phone? Mail? Email?
  13. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

When it comes to Hollywood, This is the slowest decision making process I've ever witnessed! It seems kind of shifty, especially since many were so quickly dismissed from the original auditions. They had us scattering like jackrabbits!
  14. vertigo

vertigo New Member

Hey Guys! I'm a long time first time...I have been called to go to Disney World for one of the principal characters whom I will not say. I must say though that the person who called me was very vague as to what we will be doing but he did refer to it as a workshop...and it will be homing in on working as a group and character development. We will be put up right in DisneyWorld by the Muppets Holding CO. That's all I know so far.
  15. MGov

MGov New Member

As do I.
  16. Marky

Marky Member

Hey Vertigo, didn't people warn you not to admit this crime of yours for 'fear of resentment' or something?

P.S., CONGRATS!!!!
  17. Fozzie Bear

DISCLAIMER:
    The information I posted earlier is all the information that I have to offer up. I do not know any addresses, e-mails, or phone numbers. I do not know who was called and I do not know what restrictions or guidelines were used when deciding who would be called. E-mails and PMs to me regarding this information will now be deleted without being read as I have no further information about what I posted. Thanks, Kev
  18. Marky

Marky Member

Geez, what'd you expect after posting something like that? That's like going to a starving country saying, "Hey everyone, gather 'round me! Listen up, now. I personally know a very trustworthy fellow who has the keys to a barn full of fruits and vegetables!"

Followed briefly by

"DISCLAIMER TO EVERYONE I JUST RILED UP A MOMENT AGO: I know nothing about any fellow, any keys, any barn or any friuts and/or vegetables. Any messages requesting further knowledge of any of this have been deleted, shredded or burned. I know nothing. Leave me alone."

Credibilty levels aren't always stationary, n'est pas?

:D
  19. wes

wes Active Member

vertigo, Awesome!! Where did you auditon at? congrats my friend!!
  20. pepestarr

pepestarr New Member

Congratulations Vertigo! Which Muppet characters did you audition as or didn't you do that? Sorry I'm abit vague. Well done!