1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets Auditions Sept 2005+

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Fozzie Bear, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I DO know for sure I wanna hang out with everyone on Saturday night, no doubt. If time permits otherwise, I'm for it! Just want to be well-rested for the auditions otherwise.

Jinx, e-mail me.
  2. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

What about parking?

Do I need to be concerned?
    Will I need $43 in dimes?

Otherwise you'll see me jogging in spandex shorts with a gorilla puppet on my arm. Typical for Hollywood.
  3. Fozzie Bear

HA HA HA!!!

I say just take the bus since you're already in Hollywood. Don't know about parking, but since the Studios are only a mile away from my hotel, I'm a-walkin' there. I'll have Muley with me so I can have a puppet to audition with...although, I think for fun, I might also try the little ping-pong balls on the hand deal just to vary the audition some.
  4. Fozzie Bear

5. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Wish I could join you all! its bad that im so far away from you guys!
  6. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Okay the New York auditions are over.
    Next is Los Angeles, then Toronto.

Here's fresh news...
    When all the auditions are over, the best from New York, Los Angeles and Toronto
    will then be invited to a second round of auditions.

To be held possibly in November.
    The second round auditions will be held at two venues;
    Los Angeles again and the other one will be at Walt Disney World.
    (They will decide whom will be seen in which location.)

Those dates and venues have not been set yet so it might be subject to change.
    It will not be open to the public, only to those previously selected, so
    those dates won't be made public.

Kev, I hope you got my email on the above topic.

Also Kevin, it might be a nice thing to post some place on the forum
    that people who made (or will make) the final cuts in NY, Los Angeles and Toronto
    shouldn't call Todd and ask him if they will move on to the next round.
    That's not very professional and that's not how showbiz works.
    You know the old saying; "Don't call us, we'll call you."

Just because someone might make it to the final cut in NY, Los Angeles
    or Toronto, doesn’t mean they will be invited to the next round.

7. MGov

MGov New Member

Wow! I finally get to post (I was an idiot and didn't check my bulk e-mail folder for the activation e-mail for three days :o )!

Anyway, my name is Micky and I found this board (and the audition info) just in time. I will be at the L.A. auditions. It's about a five minute drive for me since I live in North Hollywood.

I've been puppeteering on and off for most of my life. I've done a lot of it over the last few years, including a couple of short films and an indie feature.

Anyway, I hope to see some of you there!
  8. Melonpool

Melonpool Member

I'll be around all weekend. I live over by LAX, so keep me posted on any get-togethers.

Steve
  9. Fozzie Bear

& MGov:

I hope to have a Saturday night get-together near the studios where the auditions are being held. If this comes to fruition (and even though folks didn't seem allowed to use their own puppets during the auditions), I hope we can all bring our OWN puppets to the dinner!! Keep your eyes peeled to this thread for that information to hit.

OverUnderAround, thanks for the info---duly noted and will post it soon to the main thread.
  10. Penelopepitstop

Penelopepitstop New Member

yes puppets at dinner

It has been my hope to have a night out with other puppeteers and their puppet friends
    keep us posted
    and see ya in LA :cool:
  11. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Why no puppet is required.

One of the ways the Muppeteers evaluate a puppeteer is by looking at their hands. If one had been allowed to wear his or her own puppet at the audition, it can mask what a horrible puppeteer the person could actually be. Sure on the surface it looks like you are lip-synching a puppet correctly, but only by evaluating one's hand (without the puppet) can one truly know if you are good or they'll show you the door out.

Example, I have seen puppeteers that on the surface it looked like they knew what they were doing with a puppet. Then when there asked to perform using their bare hand they position their hand and fingers like bent up cripples.

I've seen bad puppeteers that when they lip-synch spreads open all their fingers too... that is also wrong.

Some bad puppeteers when lip-synching have their fingers going in every direction like an octopus tentacles.

Other bad puppeteers instead of moving the thumb downwards to show mouth movement actually move the other four fingers flapping upwards!

So, that is why the Muppeteers need to see your bare hand (wearing ping-pong eyes), because a lot of puppeteers just do it wrong.

12. MGov

MGov New Member

There's a gay leather bar across the street from the studio.

I'm sure we would all fit in there quite nicely.

:eek: :crazy: :halo:
  13. Fozzie Bear

I'm leaving my leather at home.

It's pleather anyhow--I can't afford the real stuff.
  14. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

When can we expect to be finished so we can meet up afterwards?
  15. Fozzie Bear

Dunno. I just know that I want to have a get-together dinner on Saturday Night.
  16. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

Okie dokie.
    Can anyone from the NY auditions help us guess how long the process will take?
  17. Jinx

Jinx Member

It's not very specific, but on my message from Todd he said to "plan on spending the whole day there, 'cause it could take awhile".

I have gone on a couple of other "national auditions" and they have never seemed to go beyond about 6:00 pm.
  18. Fozzie Bear

19. MGov

MGov New Member

Hey Kermiebaby, are planning to rent a car? If you are staying where I think you are staying (and I think you are), public transportation to the audition would be a bad way to go.
  20. Fozzie Bear

I saw the movie Speed. That's another reason I got a hotel close to the auditions. That and it was close to some friends of mine. :)