Muppets Coming to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

WeatherbySwann

Reaction score
Beginning around January 4, the Muppets will appear in a pre-parade at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Florida! :smile: Apparently it will inolve real-deal Muppets, not the walk-arounds used in the former Hollywood Studios Parade.

More information can be found over at Intercot. The info can be found under the "It's time to pre-parade . . ." heading if you scroll down.

WeatherbySwann

Reaction score
Update - The pre-parade now has an official name, Disney's Honorary VoluntEARS Cavalcade, and will begin January 8 (not January 4) at both Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Florida and Disneyland Park in California. :smile:

More details can be found over at WDWNews.com.

WeatherbySwann

Reaction score
I know! Considering this is the first big new Muppets thing they've had in the parks since the Muppet Mobile Lab, I think this is pretty huge news. Hopefully Disney will begin to utilize them more in similar ways in the parks.

WeatherbySwann

Reaction score
They most likely pre-recorded Kermit and Piggy's lines and another puppeteer will be on-hand (pun intended) to lip sync.
Yes, probably so. And you bring up a point that I hadn't thought of--dialogue. I guess it just hadn't crossed my mind that Kermit and Piggy might be speaking on their float, which would be natural considering that's what the other Disney characters do in the rest of the parade. Wouldn't it be so cool if they addressed bystanders? I can just imagine Piggy pointing her finger at someone and shouting "Hey, you! Why aren't you volunteering?" :mad:

Hopefully it will last all year long. Since this is neither a movie or DVD promotion, perhaps its timespan will be significant. :smile: