Muppets Green and Red Christmas reissue with bonus tracks

Puckrox

Reaction score
A friend got me this CD for an early Xmas gift last week. It's been sitting on my desk begging to be listened to. Maybe I'll put it on my iPod tomorrow and listen to it on the way to school.

Puckrox

Reaction score
So, this album definitely made me cry (in public, no less). The first eleven songs are just so catchy, upbeat, fun, silly, and so on. Then the shift into "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" caught me completely off guard. It's just so sweet, soft, and sincere. And, since I've never seen Letters to Santa (not yet, at least), I'd never heard of "I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus", and seeing as it's sung by Fozzie and Gonzo I just naturally assumed it would be silly. Nope. More tears.

Muppets may be silly most of the time, but they can be beautiful beyond all belief and touch your heart with such poignancy sometimes.

TikiColadas

Reaction score
So, this album definitely made me cry (in public, no less). The first eleven songs are just so catchy, upbeat, fun, silly, and so on. Then the shift into "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" caught me completely off guard. It's just so sweet, soft, and sincere. And, since I've never seen Letters to Santa (not yet, at least), I'd never heard of "I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus", and seeing as it's sung by Fozzie and Gonzo I just naturally assumed it would be silly. Nope. More tears.

Muppets may be silly most of the time, but they can be beautiful beyond all belief and touch your heart with such poignancy sometimes.
I agree! The fact that they can be whimsical and hilarious but also touch a person's heart is the MAGIC of the MUPPETS. :smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I totally loved this CD. My three favorite songs are Red and Green Christmas, Most Wonderful Time of the YEar (Dave and Steve sell it comepletly) and I Wish I Could be Santa Clause. I sang Wish I could be Santa Clause at work the other day and everyone loved it. I'm really glad I didn't buy this when it first came out (granted I don't think I even knew about it in 2006) but it's great.

It's funny because I really don't like the song "Run, Run Rudolph," but I came tolerate it when the Electric Mayhem sings it. And the song Pepe sings almost makes me a Pepe fan, Bill does a great job on this song.

Okay gotta ask, which "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" do you guys like better? Rowlf's or Kermit's. I know that Rowlf is the classic but I really like the way that the one Kermit sings on this cd is delivered.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I totally loved this CD. My three favorite songs are Red and Green Christmas, Most Wonderful Time of the YEar (Dave and Steve sell it comepletly) and I Wish I Could be Santa Clause.
Most Wonderful Time of The Year and I Wish I Could be Santa Clause are two of my favorites too. I think I also like Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas most too. I don't know if I've ever heard Rowlf's version of the song (this is my first Xmas season as a Muppet fanatic, so, yeah, I should get on that), but I know that I do really like Kermit's!

what stores has anyone seen this in?:confused:
My friend gave it to me. I believe he got it at Walmart, since that's where he works.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I don't know if I've ever heard Rowlf's version of the song (this is my first Xmas season as a Muppet fanatic, so, yeah, I should get on that), but I know that I do really like Kermit's!
Rowlf did it on the John Denver and the Muppets special. It's actually the first time I ever heard that song.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Rowlf did it on the John Denver and the Muppets special. It's actually the first time I ever heard that song.
Last night I made a list of all the Muppet related things I'm going to watch over Xmas break, and that was one of them. So guess I'll be hearing/seeing it sometime soon! :big_grin: