Muppets IN Space: A Gonzo story

Scooterthegofer

Reaction score
Chapter 3: the means​
"Even though the mailing idea didn't come across very well," said Bunsen, "the hypermail transmitter may come in handy. We can take it apart and research it."
But then how will I communicate with my family?" asked Gonzo.
"That is where Muppet Labs' new Exact Replicator comes in handy," said Bunsen, " we will be able to make an exact replica for us to take apart, while you have the original. It will work perfectly."
Gonzo wasn't so sure.​

***************​

The Bozon mothership moved slowly through space. Onboard, the Bozon leader, who wore a cloak so you couldn't see anything of him except his big red nose, was thinking. It is all transpiring as I have forseen it, he thought. The one who is called Gonzo will come to me, thanks to the troubles of his alien brethren. Then I will have them all. I will finally have the whole Gonzonian species in my power. Then, and only then, can I end our thousand-Zoton grudge.

Scooterthegofer

Reaction score
Chapter 4: Starship Henson​

Muppet labs had been working for at least a month on a working hyperdrive-equipped starship. Everyone knew that. But no one expected it to be done anytime soon. So, when Bunsen announced that they would unveil the completed ship next tuseday, everyone was surprised. Bunsen explained that they were using such existing Muppet Labs technology as artificial gravity to make it go more quickly. The biggest new invention in the ship, he said, was the hyperdrive. Kermit began making a list of which Muppets, by their own choice, would be going. The list was as follows:​

Kermit The Frog
Miss Piggy
Fozzie Bear
Scooter Hunt-Grosse
Gonzo the Whatever
Rowlf the Dog
Rizzo the Rat
Camilla the Chicken
Dr. Teeth
Floyd Pepper
Janice
Animal
Zoot
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
Beaker
The Swedish Chef
Sam Eagle
Lew Zealand​

Bunsen said that this was as many as could fit.​

Tuseday rolled around, and Bunsen led the Muppets down into the basement. There they saw something huge covered by a tarp. Beaker flipped a switch, which set off a strange mechanism which revealed a spaceship, shaped like a rounded cone. The ship was at least two stories tall, so it was lucky that Muppet Labs was so far down. "S. S. Jim Henson," Kermit read, "How are we going to launch it?"
"This is where the mechanism to open the back lawn comes in handy," said Bunsen.
"To open the back lawn."
"Correct."
Gonzo had already started in. "Well, what are we waiting for?" he asked.​

Scooterthegofer

Reaction score
Chapter 5: Launch​

"Everyone on board?" asked Kermit.
"Yes" came in unison from everyone.
"Pepe, are you sure that you're not going?"
"Sure,okay," said the king prawn, "I iz not wantzing to play Starr Trrek, hokay."
"Umm, Pepe, we're not playing Star Trek."
"Whatevers, okay." Pepe boarded.
"Okay," said Bunsen, "counting down. 20, 19, 18..."
Beaker meeped.
"17, 16, 15..."
Lew Zealand dropped one of his fish.
"14, 13, 12..."
The Swedish Chef hummed in his native tongue.
"11, 10, 9..."
Beaker flipped a switch causing the back lawn to open up. A garden gnome hit the Henson.
"8, 7, 6..."
Kermit hummed "Bein' Green."
"5, 4, 3..."
Camilla bawked.
"2, 1, Blast off!"
The Henson roared into the sky. The boarding house's neighbors had seen some weird things there, but this topped them all.They were engulfed in a cloud of smoke, and one of them called the fire department, who assured them that there was no fire, but offered no explanations.

Everything inside the Henson was floating around until Bunsen hit the Artificial Gravity swich, sending them plummeting down to the ground. "Hey, no fair!" said Gonzo. Beaker then set the coordinates, Bunsen pulled a lever, and the S. S. Jim Henson rode off into hyperspace.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Nice! Like the neighbors calling the fire department. Surely it's not the first time they've had to do that. :stick_out_tongue:

Scooterthegofer

Reaction score
Chapter 5: On a slow spaceship to G0n70​

"I swears, I swears, I has five aces, okay?"
"That is the most OUTRAGEOUS thing I have EVER heard! You must have had those cards up your sleeve the whole time, you cheat, you Freak, you WIERDO!"
While Pepe and Sam were arguing, Gonzo was making a card house with his cards. Kermit was corresponding via e-mail with his sister Maggie. Piggy was putting on makeup, (after all, Moi should make a good impression on our hosts!) and Lew Zealand was practicing throwing Boomerang Fish (much to Gonzo's chagrin, as they almost always knocked down his card house.) Bunsen and Beaker had been checking for stowaways, and now they came into the ship's living room. "The bad news is, we have stowaways," Bunsen reported, "the good news is, they are some of our own." Marvin Suggs, Mahna Mahna, and the Snowths came in. "Give them rooms," said Kermit, barely looking up from his e-mail. Pepe and Sam had resolved their arguement, and now were resuming playing birdge. Gonzo, who had been playing, continued building his card house. It was awfully quiet. That is, until Mahna Mahna and the Snowths started their signature song.​

Mahna Mahna
Doo doo do doo doo!
Mahna Mahna
Doo doo doo doo!
Mahna Mahna
Doo doo do doo doo,
do doo doo,
do doo doo,
do doodle doodle doo doo doo doo!

Mahna went off scatting for a while, until he came beck to the chorus. Gonzo remarked, "a number! How great!" and joined in. Soon, all the Muppets were singing "Mahna Mahna!" and scatting, much to the Snowth's dismay. They didn't even notice the Henson come out of hyperspace.​