Muppets in the Lost City

CountFan1998

Reaction score
"I'll be back"... or -ahem!- I am back with
Chapter 4​

Kermit packed all the necessary tools they might need, and he and Fozzie set off, deep into the dense rainforest. They began following the same path, and thankfully, Fozzie didn’t have much to notice. Kermit checked the map. “Yep. We’re on the right path, alright.” The two passed by the rock they pushed out of the way, and a few shimmering waterfalls. Kermit and Fozzie agreed that what they saw was indeed amazing, however they were proved wrong when they stumbled upon a large stone temple with a long staircase.

“Hey, Kermit! What do you suppose that is?” asked Fozzie. “It appears to be some sort of large stone temple with a long staircase!” replied Kermit. He checked the map “Hey, Fozzie! We’re directly over The Lost City!” Fozzie was confused. “That’s great, but how do we get inside?” The two decided to climb the stairs to the top, when Kermit noticed some strange markings to the left. Kermit called over Fozzie, and unpacked “How to Translate Hieroglyphics”. Fozzie was confused again. “Where’d you get that book from?” Kermit looked up. “From Bunsen and Beaker! He says, ‘You have to learn about the past if you’re going to improve the future.” “Gosh!” answered Fozzie, as Kermit began flipping through the pages. Fozzie leaned over Kermit’s shoulder. “Do you know what it says yet?” “No yet.” Kermit replied, flipping a few more pages. Fozzie leaned down again. “Do you know what it says yet?” he asked. Kermit grumbled. At last he had translated it: “Do not be fooled,” translated Kermit. “Down is the way to go up.” Kermit shrugged. “How is down the way to go up?” “Jump!” Fozzie exclaimed. “First, you go up, and then go down!” Kermit grumbled, “No, Fozzie! That’s not it!” Fozzie shrugged. He kept jumping anyway. Nothing happened. Soon Fozzie was extremely tired “Fozzie,” asked Kermit. “Why don’t we rest on those stone stairs?” Fozzie nodded, and ran to join his froggy friend.

“Phew!” exclaimed Fozzie. “This jumping sure is hard work!” He leaned up against a stone wall, and all of a sudden they heard an enormous rumble. The wall slid open revealing a long, winding staircase leading deep into the dark. Kermit shrugged. “So that’s the way to go down.” Kermit gathered his belongings, and the two adventurers began to descend down the dark staircase.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
After two months, I'm back with (a corny Jim Henson reference that you'll find later... and)

Chapter 4​
As Kermit and Fozzie headed down the staircase the warm sunlight disappeared to the rhythm of their footsteps. “Gee, Kermit! It sure is dark in here!” chuckled Fozzie. “Like I hadn’t noticed.” retorted Kermit, just as he walked right into something. Something hard. “Oof!” Kermit yelped. Kermit took off his backpack, rummaged through its many tools, and with the strike of a match, the warm light of a torch filled the chamber. “How ‘bout we shed some light on the subject? Wocka Wocka!” laughed Fozzie.
Kermit began scanning the cold stone walls with his torch, and came upon some hieroglyphics. Kermit translated: “Let your friend take a rest to find the way that works best…” Fozzie scratched his head. “I wonder what that means. Boy! Am I tired!” He leaned up against a wall, and heard a loud rumbling. “Again?” Fozzie exclaimed. Soon, a wall opened up and revealed a long rocky tunnel. “Let’s go!”, instructed Kermit. Fozzie reluctantly followed. Down the stone corridor they went, and soon came to a sharp curve. “This tunnel must be longer than I thought…” concluded Kermit. Further into the tunnel they went, through a series of sharp curves. Left, right, left, right. “It must be some kind of Labyrinth.” Kermit concluded. “Labyrinth?” chuckled Fozzie.
After several other twists and turns, and two explorers came across a large cavern. Kermit bent down into the abyss wielding his torch, and discovered the ruins of an ancient Mayan city. Everywhere Kermit saw crumbled walls, collapsed columns, and stone rubble covering everything. The Lost City! Fozzie approached Kermit. “Have we reached the Lost City yet?” Kermit grumbled. “No, no we haven’t Fozzie.” The two began to head down the rocky path that led down into the city. Fozzie glanced to his left, and did a double-take. “Hey, Kermit! We found the Lost City!”