Muppets meet Jules Verne

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh wha? What Haunted Mansion figures are these you spook of J3H?

j3h

Reaction score

Dearth

Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking the thread, Bellygrub, but it is sort of still on topic... the use of Disney-related action figure accessories as backgrounds for Muppets. Right?

Just to elaborate on the HM figures, I've got two of the boxed ones that a friend found on clearance a couple of years ago at one of those Disney retail stores. And of the carded reissues, my wife has a complete set MOC.

Of the reissues, I kinda like the translucent blue of the three hitchhiking ghosts (Traveler, Skeleton, and Prisoner) but the opaque white of the Bride is not that impressive.

The deco's of the original boxed versions were much cooler, because even though the ghosts were all opaque, they did have glow-in-the-dark accents. And the human Caretaker had a less cartoony deco in the boxed incarnation.

Also, there were six boxed figures, and so far I've only seen five carded ones. They don't seem to have reissued the Mariner ghost on the card.

Now then, in an attempt to get us a bit back on topic... Hmmm... wouldn't those little environmental Haunted Mansion accessories look good with Uncle Deadly's ghosts?

And the Mariner ghost's half-sunken ship might make a good setting for the Ghost of Samuel Arrow.

DN

Dearth

Reaction score
Yep, I've got that Indy too.

In fact, I used some 'model kit customizing' accessory sets to expand the base that comes with him.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...hp?file=122722&imagewidth=593&imageheight=573
The floor and wall are made of foamcore, foamies, and spackle, real sand, and paint. The tree was a root that I dug up out of my front yard.

The rats, bats, skulls, spiders, and snakes all came from the model kit sets. Some of the accessories, like the False Grail and the Grail Tablet, came from Hasbro's pack-in relics.

Hadn't thought of letting Adv. Kermit visit that one. May have to take a shot of that...

DN

j3h

Reaction score
Count me in for having this disney park Indy figure too, which was also used for adventure Kermit.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/j3h/muppets/a6b995ab.jpg

very nice expansion of the set Dearth!
It's great that we all seem to be in the same frame of mind in this thread.

I just ebayed one of those Disney park pirates figures to use the display and accessories for a pirate/MIT stage setup...thanks for the idea! (now to work on a backdrop)

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Thanks for the shots of Kermit on the Indy back drop. You both convinced me to pick one up. While mine's isn't very elaborate I think it suits the purpose:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/RavenTwyst/001.jpg

I also picked up ten of the little artifact crates (with random artifacts) from the 3" figures for 99cents off eBay so I'll scatter them around a bit when they arrive.