Muppets, Music, and Magic in Silver Spring, MD

ploobis

Reaction score
So who here saw the awesome Muppet History 101 screening yesterday?

For those who were there yesterday, At the Q&A part after the screening I asked Craig to talk about the original unaired versions of the first 2 Muppet Show episodes and I asked the question "Will we see more of those hilarious Muppet Show Promos on the future Muppet Show seasons 4 and 5 DVDs?"

The Promos that they showed at the screening were hilarious! Jim & Frank are improve Kings! :smile: :embarrassed:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
So who here saw the awesome Muppet History 101 screening yesterday?

For those who were there yesterday, At the Q&A part after the screening I asked Craig to talk about the original unaired versions of the first 2 Muppet Show episodes and I asked the question "Will we see more of those hilarious Muppet Show Promos on the future Muppet Show seasons 4 and 5 DVDs?"

The Promos that they showed at the screening were hilarious! Jim & Frank are improve Kings! :smile: :embarrassed:
I saw this in Long Island, but unfortunately couldn't make it out yesterday. Did in fact pass out as imagined.

Can you recall a few of the promos? I really miss them.

ploobis

Reaction score
I saw this in Long Island, but unfortunately couldn't make it out yesterday. Did in fact pass out as imagined.

Can you recall a few of the promos? I really miss them.
Well, The promos were from seasons 3, 4 & 5. Most of them featured Kermit & Fozzie and some featured Kermit with Gonzo, Kermit & Animal and Statler & Waldorf. I LOVED THEM! THEY'RE HILARIOUS! :smile:

I hope they get released on the next Muppet Show DVD sets! :wink:

Craig mentioned that all the promos were all improvised by Jim & Frank completely!

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I live right near Silver Spring and never even heard that. I'll definitely have to check it out.

Yoda Man

Reaction score
Yep :big_grin:. And I went to the Muppet Movie yesterday. It's been quite the driving week for me.

JiminyCrick91

Reaction score
I DID go today to the US and had lots of fun. In Det. they showed Muppet Fairytales today. There was an old black and white clip of Tales of the Tinkerdee, ending far earlier than the end of the real pilot should (just after "Where's your sense of etiquette, Charlie? C'mon! Let's start writing letters!"), The Shrinkle and Stretchel ad, The Sesame Street News about Rapunzel, Elves And The Shoemaker short from the Muppet Classic Theater Video, and closing the festivities with The Frog Prince.

I had not see any of this other than the Sesame Street News bit and The Elves and The Shoemaker. I always wanted to see The Frog Prince but could never find the video. Although what better way to experience a new (to you) Muppet ANYTHING than on the big screen? It was so much fun, I only wish it (as in the entire compilation) were longer. They could have showed all of the Tales Of the Tinkerdee, more ads, or all of Muppet Classic Theater.

It really makes me want to go out and buy the Muppet Show seasons and regret not going to the last two weeks of showings. I love Muppets! :smile:

Yoda Man

Reaction score
I'm on vacation right now and am stuck missing a few of the MD programs, but so far I've had a great time going to these screenings. I saw the Muppet Movie, Muppet History 101, Muppet Music Moments, Labyrinth, and The Muppets Take Manhattan. The crowds at all but The Muppet Movie were huge and phenomenal. It's been a long time since I've seen a Muppet film where I wasn't the only one laughing. I really hope AFI does this again next summer.