Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Ernie101

Reaction score
Wow, they cut the whole closer? That sucks.. Man..

I'm sorry, but I just can't be picky anymore. 24 episodes..so their are a few mistakes here and there.. Well.. Look at the positive side..

However, a whole song cut? wow..

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Sean Gaffney said:
Hrm. I had noticed the Joel Grey ep was missing Wayne and Wanda and the Newsman, but thought this might be a one-off accident.

I wonder if the masters they used were incomplete?
I haven't noticed that. But I will consider checking each episode for more cuts.

anathema

Reaction score
Sean Gaffney said:
Hrm. I had noticed the Joel Grey ep was missing Wayne and Wanda and the Newsman, but thought this might be a one-off accident.

I wonder if the masters they used were incomplete?
I'm not sure about Wayne/Wanda, but both Newsflashes were added to the show at a later date, so it's not impossible that they grabbed the wrong tape there, but there's no way the Vincent Price ep should be missing an entire song!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
Guys I got bad news :frown:

I've re-watched the episode with Vincent price because I found it a bit strange...And I now know why......

IT'S BEEN CUT!!!!!!!!

The closing number You've Got A Friend is missing. It goes from the Houses and directly to the goodnight.
I'm getting less enthusiastic with this DVD it's supposed to have "Jim Henson Retrospective" film but it has been dropped :frown: , now Vincent price episode is cut! :boo:

P

Philip Kippel

(sigh) I sure wish that GelflingWaldo would return to this forum and give us some answers as to why these edits were made.:frown:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
(sigh) I sure wish that GelflingWaldo would return to this forum and give us some answers as to why these edits were made.:frown:
Musical rigths I reckon, I can't see what other reason it could be. I hope it won't happen again in the future season sets :concern:

anathema

Reaction score
In view of the news that at least two of the shows have been edited, here's a list of the correct running times for the season:

Juliet Prowse 25'29"
Connie Stevens 25'26"
Joel Grey 26'02"
Ruth Buzzi 25'20"
*Rita Moreno 25'07"
Jim Nabors 25'29"
Florence Henderson 25'25"
*Paul Williams 25'15"
*Charles Aznavour 25'09"
Harvey Korman 25'31"
*Lena Horne 25'12"
Peter Ustinov 25'29"
Bruce Forsyth 25'30"
*Sandy Duncan 25'12"
Candice Bergen 25'27"
Avery Schreiber 25'29"
Ben Vereen 25'26"
Phyllis Diller 25'23"
*Vincent Price 25'05"
Valerie Harper 25'24"
*Twiggy 25'09"
*Ethel Merman 25'08"
Kaye Ballard 25'28"
*Mummenschanz 25'08"

These timings are for edits with the 'Sax & Violence' ending followed by the JHP logo. The shows marked with a '*' have Season 2 titles, so their times may be significantly out, but otherwise timings should be accurate to within a few seconds.

anathema

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Musical rigths I reckon, I can't see what other reason it could be. I hope it won't happen again in the future season sets :concern:
Music rights wouldn't explain the Newsflashes...

It does seem a bit odd, especially since the uncut Vincent Price ep was released by Time-Life not so long ago. Still, these things do change :-(

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Jim Nabors episode are missing

Song: "Gone With The Wind"
Danceros

And some sketches have been moved around compared to the kermitage guide.

Ernie101

Reaction score
The most logical thing for us to do is ask them why these edits were made. Just need to know how.