Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

minor muppetz

Reaction score
irony

It's ironic that All Of me and You've got a Friend are bot cut, since those two were included on the video Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff, so Jim henson (or whoever was in charge of the video) must have gotten the music rights for the video release of that. I am not sure if those rights were different because they were part of a compilation video and not a video release of the series (although as pointed out You've Got A friend was included in the time-life release of the vincent price episode, but those videos and DVDs only had three episodes per disc and weren't season sets). I am not sure whether any of the other edited sketches was included on any of the compilation videos, but maybe we should petition to get them re-released so that we can have DVD copies of those skits :wink:

The only one of the edited skits that I haven't seen are Danceros, although I was looking really forward to hearing some John Lovelady voices (many of the first season episodes that i have seen don't have any characters voiced by John Lovelady), and Gone With The Wind.

I sure hope that Boogie In The Barnyard, A Horse Named Bill, Whenever I Call You Friend, Tippy Tippy Tim, Somewhere over the rainbow, Danny Boy, Sweet Gingerbread Man, Octopuses Garden, and When The Saints Go Marching In don't get edited when the seasons with those songs get released.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
We have to email Scarecroe; maybe he has videos of Vincent Price's "You've Got a Friend" and "All of Me" for download.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
We have to email Scarecroe; maybe he has videos of Vincent Price's "You've Got a Friend" and "All of Me" for download.
What about the other edited skits?

Sean Gaffney

Reaction score
In terms of the edits, I'd say the Joel Grey ep is the least affected - I hadn't even known something was missing till I read the guide on MC. Williams is missing a great Muppet skit, but that's it. Aznavour is missing one of his numbers, a bigger loss.

The shows most hurt by this are the other two. Vincent Price's ep loses the entire flow of the plot by getting rid of the closing number. And Jim Nabors gets shredded, not only losing his first song but also a large chunk with Scooter and the Danceros. This is the episode that really gets hammered.

That said, also watched the Ruth Buzzi ep, which is great (Ruth clearly adores the Muppets), and Rita Moreno, which is one of my first Muppet memories, and was as fantastic as ever.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
It's a good thing they didn't edit out Rita's opening number and replace it with the final number.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
What about the other edited skits?
Right. Along with these:

Jim Nabors:

Song: Gone With The Wind
Danceros

Joel Grey:

Muppet News
Wayne & Wanda

Charles Aznavour:

Song: The Old-Fashioned Way

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
All we want is these segments cut from the following TMS episodes for video download:

Joel Grey: Wayne & Wanda, Muppet News
Jim Nabors: Gone With The Wind, Danceros
Paul Williams: All of Me
Charles Aznavour: The Old-Fashioned Way
Vincent Price: You've Got a Friend

Eventually Vincent's closing number is included in Vol. 5 of Time Life Best of DVD.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I have an uncut version of Vincent Price's episode, but I wouldn't know how to share it with you guys.

This kind of blows, though... but I ordered my set a month ago, so of course I'm still getting mine.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I AM GLAD TO BE BACK

i have been so mad latly about al this the GOOD NEWS that we will all be getting it Tuesday morning or so

i am picking mine up @ 12 am at my walmart i always run down the street on Tue Morning @Midnight casue i know the guy at the Video counter and he has mine sitting there when it legal

Bad news we were promised unedit what the FUGGLECHUCKLE is it i will be waching it well playing MADDEN 2006 which comes out the same day LOL how will i get any work done:smile: