Muppets Season 4... Good News and bad news

Nick22

Reaction score
it's so weird that just next year it will be 2010. i hope the dvd has lots of cool special features. i haven't got any of the other season yet. i cant seem to find em anywhere in stores, and i dont feel like shopping online. thats all i ever do. but at least we have things to look forward to this year. like the halloween special, LTS on dvd. look at the positives. at leats thats what im trying to do

pete1974

Reaction score
They most likely need the extra time to resolve music rights, as each release is different. I don't think these two-year gaps have been intentional.

Hopefully the last two seasons will clear completely.
I've often thought that there's a special place in **** reserved for music licensing lawyers :mad:

beaker

Reaction score
So...when is Disney going to release Muppets @ Walt Disney World
or Muppets Tonight(Disney's ABC/Disney Channel)? :smile:

Hey, remember we had the Ed Sullivan Best of the Muppets, so anything can happen.

(Of course someday Id love to see the Muppet portions of the Jim Henson Hour on dvd...I can dream at least!)

beaker

Reaction score
it's so weird that just next year it will be 2010. i hope the dvd has lots of cool special features. i haven't got any of the other season yet. i cant seem to find em anywhere in stores, and i dont feel like shopping online. thats all i ever do. but at least we have things to look forward to this year. like the halloween special, LTS on dvd. look at the positives. at leats thats what im trying to do
Thats the problem with Muppetdom, and the underground following(I bet even the long cancelled and shortlived Firefly has a bigger online fan following I hate to say than the Muppets do)
we're apart of. For years, we lower our heads and say "well....um, at least there's a calendar, a box set and a limited edition bust to look forward to this year".

Im looking forward to the day when were just absolutely awash...nay, saturated with too much awesome Muppets and Muppety(Fraggle Rock, HA! brand, etc) projects/merchandise/happenings. The theatrical Muppet movie, Fraggle movie, even that long awaited Dark Crystal sequel. Thats what Im talking about. I hope at least Sid the Science Kid and Pajanimals takes off, and theres hope for the Doozer series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well said Dr. Tooth. There's so much great television that is being strangled because of stupid tedious corporate red tape that may never see the light of day (don't even get me started on trying to figure out why we still don't even have a single disk "best of" DVD for "You Can't Do That On Television"). I hope these media big wigs get every ounce of bad karma they've earned.
Yes.... Batman and the Wonder Years are prime examples. They'd come down on people who sell bootlegs or put them up on a video site like a ton of bricks, but they wouldn't want to actually tangle with multiple copyright claims. I'm so glad that Warners and Amblin set aside their differences and got us all those great Steven Spielberg Presents cartoons of the 90's.

So...when is Disney going to release Muppets @ Walt Disney World
or Muppets Tonight(Disney's ABC/Disney Channel)?
They say that MT may likely get a shot after TMS is released. I'd say, expect it in 2025 :coy:

For years, we lower our heads and say "well....um, at least there's a calendar, a box set and a limited edition bust to look forward to this year".
Tell me about it. Remember 2002-2004, when we had all that merchandise that you couldn't decide what you wanted, and people mainly just got the action figure line? I really think that line and VMX brought the interest in the property back (take a wild guess what project I blame for the shut out). Things are definitely looking up. an FR movie, a new Muppet THEATRICAL movie and all these great side projects by Henson. That stuff was inconceivable 4 years ago during the drought caused by OZ.

That said, I still think music rights in this country are insane. Look at what those greedy old biddies that own "Happy Birthday" did to Sesame Street.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee the two reasons for the long delay in Season 4 coming out: either more red tape for music copyright licenses, or because the Star Wars episode is in this season and Lucas' company is delaying the process somehow.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Well said Dr. Tooth. There's so much great television that is being strangled because of stupid tedious corporate red tape that may never see the light of day (don't even get me started on trying to figure out why we still don't even have a single disk "best of" DVD for "You Can't Do That On Television"). I hope these media big wigs get every ounce of bad karma they've earned.
And don't get me started on Daria. It's enough to make anyone scream!

Anyway, 2010? That's quite a wait! Or maybe it isn't... I'm getting old and time flies so fast... it feels like it was 1999 just yesterday :sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I mean I understand that works of art need to be protected. But it gets to the point where copyright laws are preventing them from even being seen at all!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee the two reasons for the long delay in Season 4 coming out: either more red tape for music copyright licenses, or because the Star Wars episode is in this season and Lucas' company is delaying the process somehow.
But surely George Lucas wouldn't actually deny the inclusion of that episode on our beloved season 4 release, would he?

After all he had to have given his permission for it to be made in the first place. You'd expect that they could easily negotiate a DVD release of it. Besides wasn't it previously released as part of the Time-Life collection?