Muppets Series 10

Telly

Reaction score
Is the first line of Sesame Street action figures from Plalisades the rumored mysterious Series 10 of the Muppet ine? :embarrassed: :stick_out_tongue:

Telly

Reaction score
I was just curious because after the announcement of Sesame Street figures, I haven't heard anything about the "Series 10" line. I guess I still have my dreams on the six Muppet Babies. :sympathy:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
No, S10 is it's own Muppet Line which will include characters such as Sal Manilla and Uncle Deadly, but it does not have a retailer to host it, so it's looking like it will be available online only. Sesame Street is it's own individual Palisades line, and while they will be designed to be in scale with the Muppets, they are considered totally seperate.

Beauregard

Reaction score
But the SS figues will be sutable for playing joined SS/MS games?

That would be great.

T

timrikthegorf

Here's the skinny.

Series 10 WAS Sal, UD, MTI G&R, and FSL Kermit. Then those figures got split up into various exclusives and series 10 was canned. Then a NEW series 10 was thought up that consisted of WoO variants. Disney didn't approve the sculpts in time (because they stink) and so now that series 10 is also canned.

SS is it's own line and was never meant ot be seen as being an extention to the line even if many of us view it as such.

Yes, the SS figures are being made in scale with the muppet figures and withthe same level of detail. Actually the figures will probably be better as a whole since Palsiades has a lot of experience wit this type of figure now. So, you should be able to put Kermit next to Grover and think they came from the same line. The only thing that might make the figures look funny tofgether is the design of the puppets. The SS puppets are a little simpler and usually naked.

scooter289

Reaction score
The new series 10 that was planned was supposed to be for the Muppets Wizard of Oz, but now that's a no go. Uncle Deadly is being relased in the US as an exclusive for OMGCNFO.com and FSL Kermit at Wizard World LA and Pirate Gonzo and Rizzo at another comic convention that I can't remember right now. Sal currently has no place to go and I'm not sure about the Vet's Hospital figures or the Muppet Babies.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The Daily Bit isn'y very informative about what S10 is, will be, was going to be, it just says that the 4 figs originally designed for S10 are 4 seperate skus and waiting for online retailers to officially carry them. From reading it, I got the impression that they don't know what's going to happen with all the new figures they've made including the Vets Hospital 3 pack, Bean Bunny, Scout Master Kermit, the elusive Muppet Baby figures and the like. The only solid figures going out will be the MTI Gonzo & Rizzo Wizarld World Philly con exclusives.
To make things even MORE frustrating, the official Muppets line question thread over at Palisades forum hasn't answered a S10 question for a while now.
AND if that's not confusing enough, the Kermitage still lists Uncle Deadly and Sal as the current S10 run!
http://www.kermitage.com/html/collectibles/actionfigures/series10page.htm

T

timrikthegorf

Ken did answer questions and he did say series 10 was canned and he did say that they were WoO figures and he did say it was canned because Disney didn't approve them in time.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, one other little tidbit of corrective news.
MTI Gonzo and Rizzo will be the Muppets figure exclusives at Wizard World LA 2005, FSL Kermit and his Frog Scouts will be at Wizard World Philadelphia 2005.
Uncle Deadly will be sold through www.omgcnfo.com, and Sal Manilla has yet to find a home.
Robin the Frog, at least the "seated" version has a home, Ken just hasn't said just what yet. Hoping for "Standing" Robin to get released too, cause that one will hopefully have some sort of articulation.
Asked Ken if the Wizard of Oz S10 proposed figures could be released if not now, then at some other point in 2005. He hasn't answered yet.
Hope this helps and have a great Three Kings Day.