Muppets Series 10

Gonzo14

Reaction score
yeah, we need sal. I could do without Sal himself, but we need him since we already have Johnny, Johnny needs a Sal Figure, and the little picture of Sal doesn't count

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Man oh man, has Palisades spoiled us or what? Before the line even began, would we even be talking about the possiblity of an Uncle Deadly or a Muppet penguin or Sal? Palisades opened the door of possibility by producing the Dr. Teeths and the Lew Zealands and the like. It occurs to me that if Palisades doesn't end the line, we'll never be completely satisfied with the collection. There will always be that "one last character" who would help round out the set. Unfortunately, I see this line as being "it" for Muppets figures for a long long time so we probably never will see those few we would so love to have. I for one am going to be snatching them up until the end, and then I will curl up in a fetal position and suck my thumb for a while. Then I will get, up, wipe away the tears and triumphantly proclaim, "I HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF AWESOME MUPPETS AND I LOVE IT!" Then I will pop in one of my Muppet Show Season 1 DVDs and laugh and laugh.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
For me, at this point, the figures they have already sculpted need to be released to complete the collection, most especially Sal. Otherwise, I got 3 Johnny's and nothing to do with him.

I'm thinking back now at the beginning when they were doing all the variants and saying they would save regular assortments until the 'next' series, and now I wish they would have gone ahead and released regular versions of everyone and then begun the variants. Now, the line is at a close, and we may not get Sal. I already know we won't be getting Bean, Bobo, or any others.

Docnzhoss has the right idea, too, that we should be thankful to ever have gotten what we did. Never before have such great likenesses of the characters been created, and I'm pleased to have my collection of them.

But, I still want Sal, Babies Kermit and Piggy, Vet's Hospital, ...

T

timrikthegorf

I agree about the variant thing. Getting Usher Scooter before Sal seems wrong. Saving Sal for series 10 was just wrong. Imagine Waldorf in series 6 and no Statler until 9! It's crazy.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yes of course as i stated in my post i'm very very happy with the line! it's amazing and nothing can take away from that! We got Sweetums! we got Jim Henson! we got the backstage set!! Sal is like the last missing peice that might not get made and it's all for Johnny already being in the line. It's not a life crissuis, and i'm not demanding he should be made if there isn't anyway possiable, i just hope the company can do something to at least get him made seeing he's already sculpted and Johnny would have his much needed side kick.

I know people say to hold on the variants, but the line might not have gone as long then...we can't be sure. I didn't really see MTI Kermit or MTI Sam sell very well, and i think gee wouldn't it have been great if Sal took the place of MTI Kermit and Bobo took the place of MTI Sam and he came with a pack in Bean Bunny with although MTI Kermit, Polly Losbsters place would be repalced by Bean Bunny. That way Uncle Deadly and Reg Robin would be the last two figures that I are feel would be needed most. but maybe the MTI figures kinda helped the line contuine longer, maybe not, we can't be sure and there is no way to find out, this is why we had to wait so long for a reg Sam and reg Rowlf...we got them!:smile: i guess i here reg Robin will, and i hope makes the boat, i just hope that Sal is made. Still giving the choice between Sal the Monkey and Uncle Deadly.......move over monkey! Deadly's been waitting longer then you! he'll be an fantastic figure! but I'd still like that Monkey some how.

T

timrikthegorf

While the variants aren eeded to sustain the line, the choice of variants hurt the line. Tux Rowlf could have been VH Rowlf. MTI Sam could have been GMC Gonzo. MTI KErmit could have been regular Kermit released again with TMM accessories. While I do LOVE the MTI figures,there just aren't enough of them to make a decent display. I think Palisades tried too hard to please hardcore fans at times. MTI KErmit simply doesn't have the same pull as regular Kermit.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yes, your right, i wasn't saying i was happy with the variant choices I was just sayiing that having them may have helped the line get to were it is. Like i said MTI figures sat on the shelf from my eye's yet the same happend for Link and Strange Pork and the whole PIS set. We, along with Palisades didn't know how the line was going to go, as no one could, Tux Rowlf was going to be an exclusive figure at first, then there was something about the idea of a Mega Rowlf that held back the reg Rowlf figure for some reason i'm not really sure about, along with the fact of saving him to help the longtivity of the line. so Tux Rowlf came into the reg part of the line. yet we never got, nore are going to get a mega Rowlf.

I never liked the idea of MTI or MCC figures, i'm glad that MCC was a PVC set rather then figs as they would have hogged up spots for characters like Beau, the News Man and Marvin Suggs. yet still now i had wished we had got another PVC set of more reg characters like Fozzie on Roller skates, Sweetums holding Robin, maybe a Kermit and Piggy wedding PVC ect. as those chracters would fit in nicely with the ones we have now. It doesn't look like we can get another PVC set at all with are hopes for the EM set and Rowlf yet along hopeing for another MCC set with Chariles Dickens Gonzo with rizzo, Bean Bunny, Emily Cratchet Piggy, MCC Bunsen and Beaker, and maybe some more Peguins. There was no way of knowing how things would have turned out.

Ya never know, I still feel the line had a VERY sucessful run with everything we have gotten. I'm wondering if maybe it's still possiable to put reg robin back in a pack with Sal and a penguin? Maybe that would help the sales a lot. i don't know what Palisades idea is for reg Robin but i hope we can still get the sitting reg Robin too. It would be cool if a reg robin could be placed by himself as an Ex on some website like Uncle Deadly and then maybe a sitting Robin could come with Sal and the penguin and be sold as Club/Direct Connect figure? just an idea.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, just to touch base with something Zack said. "Sitting" Robin is the one that has already been found a home for, Ken just hasn't said what yet. The one I'm hoping gets released as well is "Standing" Robin so that it might have at least a few points of articulation.
Looking forward to whatever it is Palisades has up their sleeves for 2005 for both the Muppets and Sesame Street.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Well Count, I don't know what goes on on all the fourms but thanks for that little tid bit. i just heard something about reg Robin and went with it. If all we get is sitting robin then that's just cool enough with me. at least we will have a reg Robin. But, like wise as swiching the orignal Palisades idea of Robin coming with Sal either he be possiable or not in three diffrent fourms (when there was the idea of three Sal repaints) In the terms now, if it is possiable funding wise and such then maybe standard possiable Robin could come with Sal the Monkey and the Penguin? Going back to that orignal idea for just one figure, and there not being any repaints.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, OK, I understand you now Zack. See the thing is that yes, Ken had planned for three different packs of Sal Manilla, Penguin, and regular or signature Robin the Frog. The first would be the signature version of Sal Manilla, the second would be a sort of Vacation style, and the third would be a Steppin' Out version. The three penguins would be the same figure with some small sculptural differences. And regarding the Robin variants, the Steppin' Out one would go with the Steppin' Out Sal; but Ken never said whether the "Sitting" Robin would go with the signature Sal or the Vacation Sal, or which of the two the "Standing" Robin variant would go with.

So fast forward to now, and Ken's current problems with the line considering it a monumental reward if at least one Sal Manilla, most probably the signature version, gets released. Gone are the plans for the 3-paint scheme along with the three Robins as pack-ins. However, Ken's said that the non-articulated "Sitting" Robin has found a special home though it hasn't been said what yet. The "Standing" Robin is the one I hope finds a home too, maybe as a pack-in for Sal Manilla still, since it could be possible that said version would have maybe some articulation.
Hope this helps clear things up and have a good day.