Muppets Series 10

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I think many will be at a loss because for the past 2 or 3 years we've been looking forward to the next new figure. The next new surprise. The potential of what could be. Now there's nothing.
This is exactly how I feel. It's not necessarrily the buying/spending of cash...it's the anticipation. It's playing the EBGames game where you look and see that Muppets will be available on a certain date and on that day you log on to find that they've pushed it back a week. It was always frustrating but fun, because the Muppets were always worth the wait.

I began collecting the Muppets close to the same way Telly did. It was quite by accident but once I started, I couldn't stop. At the time, I was collecting Scooby Doo stuff and once I got into the Muppets...that was it for that good old Great Dane. Everything Scooby was boxed up to make room for my Muppets. After I got into the Muppets, no other toys really interested me. I bought one Marvel Legends figure: Gambit, but only because he's my favorite super hero. Just last week, I came close to taking advantage of a Toys R Us clearance on Simpsons figures...they brought out all the originals from the first few series. They were going for $2.95 a piece and they had Homer, Bart, Mr. Burns, Barney, Flanders, Krusty and Milhouse. Three or four years ago, I'd have snatched them all up. But I'm all Muppets now so I opted for a silver variant Johnny Fiama for $7.99.

As far as Sesame Street goes...I will be buying my favorites at least. I remember seeing awesome SS pvc's at Wal-Mart a few years ago and I refrained from buying them. I always regretted that and now is my chance to redeem myself. Guy Smiley, Two-Headed Monster, Cookie, Oscar and Super Grover will find their ways into my collection.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I'm sure there will aways be junky stuff with who ever owns the Muppets, it's not like we never got ugly toys from Henson! But there will be cool stuff too! I guess ya just have to be open to things. I'd love some talking Muppet plushes!

T

timrikthegorf

Macy's actually made a talking Kermit, but it's a fake Kermit instead of Steve.

There just won't be another Palisades for the muppets. Sure there will be other stuff and the other stuff might be cool, but who will pay attention to detail like Palisades? Palisades and Sideshow are the only companies that did Muppet texture. We won't see that again with Disney.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Macy's actually made a talking Kermit, but it's a fake Kermit instead of Steve.
Well Sesame Street made Magic talking Kermit back a few years for their 30th aniversery and it's Steve voice all the way! :smile:

Yes i think we all can agree that no one can get the detail as Palisades. they set the bar up very high! but all good things must come to an end. Sideshow, though very odd that they didn't make a Floyd came out with quality products too! the Rowlf bust is one of my favorite Rowlf products other then the FP puppet. I love the Rowlf action figures (Tux and Reg) but i feel he didn't get as good enought treatment in detail as some of the other characters did. still fine figures though!

T

timrikthegorf

ReallyI Want that Kermit!!! Is it a good plush? Was there ever a Plush using Jim Henson's voice? Perhaps in the 80's?

Telly

Reaction score
I guess I'm just afraid that the Sesame Street line is going to feature more of the newer Muppets I won't want like Zoe or Rosilda. So far the first Series line-up sound sweet!

T

timrikthegorf

I don't think it will feature the newer ones more than the others. I doubt Zoe will even show up until series 3 or 4. This is aimed at older collectors.

Telly

Reaction score
I wanna get Elmo....only to torture him! Mwahahahahaha :crazy:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yes it's a nice plush, he's a little flat headed but that's due to the way the toy works i guess, he sings (in Steve's voice) a short part of Caribbean amphibian, also says "Hi Ho Kermit the Frog here! Everybody sing!", ribbits, and makes a fly with fly catching sound and "Gulp!"

When you squees his tummy he'll sing the song as you press or hold him making his mouth move, or you can press his foot and he'll do his whole rutean. one of his arms makes the fly, fly catching noise, but you have to squees him to make open his mouth making the tonuge noise followed by the glup. another cool feature is that his you hold his mouth shut when he's singing he hums the song! It's a really nice toy to any Muppet collection! As i said, it came out in 1999 for Sesame Street's 30th Aniversery.

Although getting back to figures as i don't want to stray off topic other then the now lost series 10...."too much:wink: about the Sesame Street figures, In my opintion, or well at least, i could see Zoe coming out much later then Seires 3 or 4.

T

timrikthegorf

Zoe really isn't that new. She and Rosita where created when Jim Henson was still alive I think. Baby Bear isn't even that new. He's been around at least 14 years I think.