Muppets Tonight meets Sam and Friends

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I am, too. This is a really cool crossover between two popular Muppet programs. I'm not too familiar with "Sam and Friends", but I am familiar with "Muppets Tonight" and the character Clifford (a character that I think Kevin Clash brings more of his real self into).

You're doing a great job, Fraggleforever. I like in Chapter 2 how you mentioned Kermit being naked without the collar, because he really is without it. It's almost like Mickey Mouse running around with no shorts, shoes, or gloves.:smile:

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Kermit, Clifford and Rizzo were racing to the control room, hoping against hope that the Sam and Friends crew didn't destroy anything. But, when they got there, they found something much worse.

They had taken over the show.

Kermit was panting as he reached the control room, along with Clifford and Rizzo, and what they saw terrified them.
Everybody was tied and gagged to chairs, except for something rattling around in the supply closet.
"Help! Let me out of here!" Screamed the voice from inside.
Clifford ran to the supply closet and opened it, and out came Nigel the director.
"CLIFFORD CLIFFORD! Those things took over the whole studio! I'm going out of my mind here! EUGENE! GET ME COFFEE!!"
Just then, Clifford grabbed hold of Nigel, and slapped him repeatedly.
"Snap out of it man! Get a hold of yourself!"
"...[gasping]...thanks Clifford. I'm okay now.."
"I'LL TELL YOU WHEN YOU ARE OK!!!"
Clifford resumed slapping him, until Kermit broke them up.
"KNOCK IT OFF! Both of you!"
"He started it!"
"I don't care who started it, I'll finish it!"

After everybody was done slapping each other, they went to a safe location, the supply closet, and watched as Sam and Friends took over their show. Wilkins and Wontkins were doing a comedy act.
"Hey Wontkins!"
"Yes Wilkins?"
"What do you get when you cross a wilderbeast and a chicken?"
"Gee, I don't know, what?"
"A whatchamacallit!"
Then, Wilkins hit Wontkins with a mallet.
"What a hard-hitting joke!"

Semour and Pepe shook their heads.
"That was stupid hokay? That joke was terrible! Even more terrible than Fotzies!"
Fozzie shrugged his shoulders.
"Everyone's a critic."
Kermit stepped forward.
"Come on guys. We have to work together here now. I can't stomach anymore of this."
They watched Big V devour Mack.
"Well, maybe he could." Fozzie suggested.
Clifford then stepped forward.
"We have to get them to trust us somehow, if only for a little while, then we can lure them back into the forbidden room."
"Yeah, but how?" Gonzo asked.
Just then, Rowlf had a idea.
"Hey Kermit, weren't you in a sketch with Sam singing "That Ol black magic?""
Kermit slowly nodded his head.
"Well?"
"Well what?"
"Why don't you do that again?"
Kermit was taken aback.
"What? You mean put on a dress and wig, and sing a song with Sam? I have a reputation, you know!"
"But you did it before!"
"I was young and foolish back then!"
Clifford looked Kermit in the eyes.
"Kerm, please, do this for us?"
Everyone looked at Kermit intentively.
Kermit sighed.
"I know I am going to regret this."

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter......uh......SPLEE!!!

"OK, now the only thing we need to do now, is to have the announcer announce the "Old Black Magic" number." Clifford said.
"Sure, but how do we do that?" Rizzo asked.
Clifford smiled. "Just leave it to me."

Clifford slowly opened the door of the announcer's booth. He snuck up behind Omar, and slipped a piece of paper in the pile of papers in front of Omar. But, due to Clifford's best attempts, Omar spotted him sneaking out.
"Hey! What are you doing?"
"Uh......nothing?" Clifford answered.
"......oh......OK!" Omar went back to shuffling his papers.
Clifford shut the door behind him and thought to himself.
"Not the sharpest nail in the wall, is he?"

It was time for the closing number, and Clifford and the gang had their fingers crossed.
"Good luck Kermit."
The announcer began to speak.
"And now it's time for our closing number!"
The gang was huddled together in the broom closet, watching the show from a moniter. The music kicked in, and Sam began to dance wildly. But the soundtrack was skipping.
"What's going on?" Rizzo asked.

Meanwhile, in the control room.
"The platter we're playing for this TV show seemed to have gotten stuck." Harry suggested, examining the soundtrack player.
"It's got a swinging beat, but it's repetitious man!"
"Well, do something!" Chicken Liver comanded.
"Maybe if I hit the whatchamacallit like this....."
Harry smacked the soundtrack player, and the music resumed as normal.

At this point, Sam began to lipsynch to the song, as Kermit danced onstage as well. Wearing a 1950s poodle skirt, a blonde wig, eyelashes, high heals, and a frown as big as the St. Louis Arch, began to lipsynch as well.
"That old black magic has me in it's spell,
that old black magic that you weave so well....."

In the broom closet, the Muppets were snickering wildly, but Clifford wasn't.
"Come on guys, Kermit is doing this for us."
"Of course he is Clifford. Hey, when he comes back, should we open the door for him?!"
They started laughing hysterically, but Miss Piggy wasn't amused.
"You clowns stop making fun of my Kermie, or else."
"Or else what? Are you and Kermit going to strike us with your purses?!"
Only Rizzo was laughing, for the other Muppets knew what fate was waiting for him.
"HIYA!!!!"
Rizzo hit the door, and Big V heard the thump from the hallway.
"Shhhh!" Clifford commanded. "Do you hear that?"
"Hear wha....."
The door was ripped off the hinges, and Big V stood in front of them.
"GOTCHA!!!"

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Can't for more! The part with Kermit dressed as a girl was hilarious(spelling?)! Thanks for the new chapter!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ooh--the frog's past is--literally--out of the close! Jim once said that the original muppet humor depended a lot on explosions and characters eating other characters. Nothing at all like the sophistication of, say, Dr. Honeydew and the gorilla detector, or Gonzo eating a tire to the tune of "Flight of the Bumblebee." Nosiree....
More please.