Muppets Tonight on DVD

Ernie101

Reaction score
Haha, yeah except it would be released on one DVD. It's a good idea though, and I know a lot of people around here would support it.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
According to The Muppet Newsflash site:
Will seasons two through five be released in DVD box sets?

Disney is reportedly working on features for sets of the other four seasons of The Muppet Show. They hope to release all five seasons on equally impressive sets, but like all things, if season one tanks the other seasons may get scrapped. Disney is fairly confident that they will be able to release all five seasons. Information on the release schedule and when to expect the next set is not available. Rumors also state that if the Muppet Show series is successful on DVD, Disney will consider releasing the 22 episodes of Muppets Tonight in a box set form.
hope it helps

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Just to reiterate--I'd snap up a Muppets Tonight set in a second, even though I already have them on VHS. Please, Disney??

minor muppetz

Reaction score
video rights

I wonder if the jim henson company got the video rights for using copyrighted songs on Muppets Tonight. after all, this show was made long after it was more common for people to have VCRs. ditto with The Jim Henson Hour. Of course, music rights might not be too much of a problem, as there weren't as many "complete" songs on Muppets Tonight to begin with.

That Announcer

Reaction score
I wouldn't be all that surprised if MT is released in a 3-disc box set. I think it would fit, but I could well be wrong.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I hope that Disney does more than consider and releases this really soon...it does seem like it'll be just a one release deal - Muppets Tonight! The Complete Series - hopefully there would be bloopers to add...but as long as we get the episodes that would be great.

I would also like the episodes to have the Muppet Morsels feature included. I felt it added a lot to the TMS release.

beaker

Reaction score
Sistah Blue said:
Maybe this thread has been done before, but forgive me for I am new.

Does anyone know if there are plans to release The Muppets Tonight on DVD ?
Well given it's Disney...I don't see why they wouldnt release it. I would love all of these on dvd with the uncut UK sketches.

Of course my dream is to have Muppets@Walt Disney World and Jim Henson Hour(err, first half hour) on dvd some day as well.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Muppets Tonight
Unreleased Rank: 216th
Overall Rank: 388th
Season Set: 819 (97%)
Best of: 200 (24%)
Individual Episodes: 164 (19%)
Total Number of Voters: 842

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Brian Henson Talks about MT on DVD

Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/10/muppets-tonight-on-dvd.html

Ever since news of "The Muppet Show" getting proper season releases on DVD, fans have been wondering if the other major Muppet television shows will make their way to DVD in equally impressive sets as well - most importantly the 22-episode run of "Muppets Tonight". Brian Henson (executive-producer, performer, and director of "Muppets Tonight"; and Jim Henson Company Co-CEO) talked about the show and its future on DVD in a recent radio interview on Salt Lake City local KUER FM-90.

In the hour-long interview, Brian Henson said: "In terms of the DVD releases of the Muppet shows, the first season Disney has done a beautiful release of the first season [of the Muppet Show] which is available now; and they will continue to release the subsequent seasons...In terms of being able to get [Muppets Tonight] on DVD, I'm sure that we’ll put the behind the fifth season of The Muppet Show. So probably it will be that you can continue to get the DVDs of the classic Muppet series, and I pretty sure you’ll be able to get the DVD Muppets Tonight after that - unless we start [releasing] them both together sooner or something."

Brain Henson and the rest of the Jim Henson Company were key players in getting the Season 1 set of "The Muppet Show" produced. Muppets Tonight is something they all want to do. As long as demand for Muppet-TV-DVDs stays (and based on how well The Muppet Show season 1 did, looks very good for future Muppet DVD sets), then it looks like Muppets Tonight will come to DVD (probably not for another 2-4 years, but eventually). That is all we really know about the fate of that show on DVD, right now. I'll keep you posted as more information and developments come on the release of this show; but until then, this is all we really know.