Muppets wrap up new MasterCard commercial for November debut

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Henson crew recently filmed a new commercial for MasterCard. Brian Henson directed. Here's all the details and some sneak peak photos from the set...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/110102.shtml

I was told the commercial would begin airing nationwide on most channels November 15 on network TV, but that some cable channels are airing it sooner. Keep an eye out for it!

Let us know what you think of the commercial!

Luke

Reaction score
It looks great, and very well done - this is the one Quinn mentioned that the Muppets were being prepped for on his WWTBAM trip !

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Wow! Awsome news Phil! This is great! what a great cast of muppets too! ROWLF! even foo foo, and rizzo wasn't left out either like how he didn't get a nascar before.

i wonder how long the ad runs, like minute and/or second wise.

look how much muppet stuff has come out this year! Its hard to keep track first they are racing nascars(not really racing) Then doing a music video with Weezer, then denny ads and now mastercard! What's next? We can only hope this continues thought the next year it will help the christmas movie and the sales of TMS DVD's, action figs, busts, the new muppet show and more!

Rowlf your back!your really back! We missed you!

Zack) Rowlf the, we are getting the muppets! The real muppets now! Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow! So many Muppets in a commercial! Looks like Rowlf is back in a big way! This is the type of up-scale commercial that is worthy of the Muppets.

murgatoad

Reaction score
I hope that Piggy puppet shown in the article isn't the one they used for the commercial. Bad hair. The face looks like a pink blob. Isn't there anyone at Henson Inc. these days that can make a good Piggy puppet?

Foreignman

Reaction score
I saw the comercial on November 1st, totally caught me off guard because Muppet Central hadn't even run the story when I saw it. Anyway, the commercial is really great, funny and very well shot. Murgatoad, Piggy looks great in the commercial, actually, all the Muppets do. Can't wait to see it again.

Ryan

Reaction score
I just saw it twice while watching :smile:o ) The Anna Nicole show. It is so cool. Much more than I expected. However, Fozzie and Animals voices are really pretty off. Oh well, still an awesome ad!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I saw it while I was watching "American Dreams" on NBC. I can't really comment on the commercial, because I just had some coffee type thing that had a lot of caffeine in it. Muppets + caffeine does not equal a calm Emmy, I shall tell you.