muppetshow season 2

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Based on past Buena Vista Home Entertainment TV show season box sets (like the Muppet Show) it can take anywhere between 3 and 13 months between seasons releases - so that means sometime between November 2005 and September 2006 for season 2 box set.

Being that this is a hot item, they will want to "milk" season 1 before moving on adding another product to the market, so it will take some time for them to let it play out (until at least after the holiday buying season). The break between a season 1 set and a season 2 set are usally the longest (if not equal to the gap between all the others) because they are really feeling out if their is a market for this show, and what it is. They are also getting feedback on what worked and what needs improvement in the DVD line.

Also being that they are doing remastering/restoring along with creating bonus features (Muppet Morsels and whatnot) it will take longer than their bare minimum slap-it-together sets. Plus being that more Muppet DVDs are hitting the shelves in November (TMM, GMC, MCC, and MTI) they will probably want to wait a little longer and not flood the Muppet DVD market with their 7th Muppet DVD release in three months. However with Kermit's 50th celebration in 2006, they will probally want it (and possibly season 3) out in 2006 - one in the Spring (April/May-ish) and one in late Summer (August/Septmber-ish).

Given all this and their normal trends, I think it won't be until at least Spring or maybe early summer until we see a season 2 box set - at the earliest. Heck it could be a whole year (that's right, it may take until August 2006).

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
But it will definatly be coming?
It is not 100% locked in yet. And until Disney makes an official announcment (which is normally just 2 or 3 months before the actual release of the product) everything could change, and the subsequent seasons could be taken off the table completly. However, I have been told by "insiders" that there are plans for seasons 2-5, and Disney hopes to release the entire show (the remaining four seasons) over the course of the next 1-3 years. Nothing is set in stone, and Disney could change their mind at any time (however with the success of season 1 it would be unlikly). It is the plan, as of now, to release season 2 - however any more details have not been ironed out yet. As always we'll let you all know as soon as we hear anything more solid.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I'll be sure these extras will be added:

Muppet Show Valentine Special (pilot)
Jim Henson Retrospective
Season 2 Promo Gag Reel
Scenes That Were Edited Out From Muppet Show Season 1 Due To Music Issue Rights: Gone With The Wind, Danceros, The Old-Fashioned Way, Stormy Weather, Newsman Bits from the Joel Grey episode, All of Me, and You've Got a Friend

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
I'll be sure these extras will be added:

Scenes That Were Edited Out From Muppet Show Season 1 Due To Music Issue Rights: Gone With The Wind, Danceros, The Old-Fashioned Way, Stormy Weather, Newsman Bits from the Joel Grey episode, All of Me, and You've Got a Friend
If they couldn't get the rights for the season 1 set, I doubt they would get them for season 2.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
My Edit Predictions for TMS Season 2

Here are my predicitions that will be edited from The Muppet Show Season 1 Box Set.

1. Don Knots
Sweet Gingerbread Man

2. Edgar Bergen
Consider Yourself
Time in a Bottle by a Muppet scientist

3. Dom DeLuise
We Got Us

4. Cleo Laine
The UK skit Mad Dogs and Englishman by Baskerville, a female dog and
Rowlf

5. Teresa Brewer
Cotton Fields
Spinning Wheel Teresa with Sweetums

Mklonstage

Reaction score
i thought all the season one edits were due to issues with rights. It seems like if that was the case it would be impossible to predict edits. Who knows which composers or estates will not want to grant access to their songs

P

Philip Kippel

Mklonstage said:
i thought all the season one edits were due to issues with rights.
That IS why the Season 1 set edits were done.

It seems like if that was the case it would be impossible to predict edits. Who knows which composers or estates will not want to grant access to their songs
That's very true, so let's hope that we'll get fewer edits in the future TMS season sets.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
All the season 1 edits were due to legal issues (except for the newsman bits, they were added later to the episode and were not on the copy of the master used to make the sets). It is next to impossible to predict what (if anything) would be cut for the subsequent seasons. Just because two songs were written by the same person, or owned by the same company does not mean they have the same price tag attached. Some songs edited may be because the price was too high or they were just not for sale at all. It does not mean that other similar songs would be the same. If two songs were written by the same person, they could still have diffrent owners. And i two songs are owned by the same person, they could have diffrent prices or stimulations attached to each one.

Plus it depends on the budget too. If Disney gets a lot more money to spend to make season 2, then it is more likly less stuff will have to be cut. Or if season 2's songs are not as expensive as season 1's overall, it would mean there would be more money left for the few overpriced ones.

Disney does not want to cut the sets, they were upset when they had to do it to season 1 - but it was their only option. They will do their best to make seasons 2-5 uncut, but in the end a lot of stuff is out of their control. However trying to predict what will be cut is impossible (even for Disney) until all the calls have been made, offers sent out, budgets set up, and DVD is well into production (the final decisions on what has to be cut is one of the last decisions made). I would not start guessing (or even thinking about) what will or will not be cut.

P.S. - But lets hope they are all uncut.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Muppet Frog said:
Here are my predicitions that will be edited from The Muppet Show Season 1 Box Set.

2. Edgar Bergen
Consider Yourself
Time in a Bottle by a Muppet scientist

3. Dom DeLuise
We Got Us
If that's the case, I must say "Thank goodness for Timelife."