1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

MWoO Appreciation

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by DanDanStrawberry, May 2, 2005.

1. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

There has been lots of negative talk around MuppetCentral about the upcoming film The Muppets Wizard of Oz. But there's also been lots of positive talk. This thread is just for positive talk. So...who's excited??

*Dan raises hand!!*

2. christyb

christyb New Member

I'm like totally there. I'm excited. I just hope I won't miss it. If I do.....I won't be one happy moving buddy for my family.:halo:

3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I'm totally ready even though I'm graduating the exact time it's on. Thank goodness TiVo is here to save the day!!!:) It's gonna be totally awesome, Pepe, Scooter, Crazy Harry, Sweetums, EM, Ohhh I'm so excited:D :excited:

4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

:attitude: Mwoo, Mwoo! The rest are only moos.
    :rolleyes: Mwoo, Mwoo. De rest are only moos, ok.
    :zany: QACK!
    Kermit: Out, out out, you ruined the sequence.

5. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I am excited too.

6. Beauregard

I'm excited three!

7. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

I am REALLY REALLY EXCITED!!!!!

8. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

I'M SO EXCITED!!! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!!! I'M ABOUT TO LOSE CONTROL AND I THINK I LIKE IT!!!!
    <stops singing>
    but inall seriousness muppetly possible, I'm inviting whoever I can think of to come over to my house to watch, I'm ditching the teachers-and-teachers-assistants-appreciation-service my synagogue is having that night (since I already know they appreciate me, though I'm yet to figure out why...), I'm calling my uncle early to wish him happy birthday, and in short, ignoring every other thing I WOULD do May 20 if it were not MWoO.
    Well, I mean, I'll still go to school, and eat, and that sort of thing, but... you know. And my AIM away message is a constant MWoO ad, as is my AIM profile, and I'm telling you I am totally PUMPED! and it's only...
    EIGHTEEN DAYS 'TIL MWoO! EIGHTEEN DAYS 'TIL MWoO! EIGHTEEN DAYS 'TIL MWoO! EIGHTEEN DAYS 'TIL MWoO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
    <dances around like crazy, in a sort of poor-excuse-for-tapdancing-kind-of-way>.

9. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I'm not that excited. It'll be a lot like It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. Sorry, but I'm consentrating my excitement on Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, which opens up the day before. It's definitely more of a Star Wars feeling I'm having lately than a Muppet feeling. Maybe if this was on 16 years ago, and the Muppets were what I'd call The Muppets, I'd be excited. I'll still watch it in hopes that it's going to be somewhat good. But I'll tape it.

10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Vey possitive...:o

11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I am super excited. Like I have said in many previous threads it is just good to have the Muppets doing something besides commercials (dont get me wrong I enjoy the commercials)

12. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I'm super excited! I hope it's a sign of good things to come for the Muppets!

13. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

I'm a little excited. But then again, I'm probably going to criticise the show for not having more of Rowlf the Dog and the Electric Mayhem, and having to much of Pepe and his one-liners.

ryan

14. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

<cough cough> positive talk only <cough cough> on this thread <cough cough> please <cough cough>. ;) excuse me, I must be catching a little cold... :)

15. Beauregard

"Mwoo! Mwoo! The sound of a cow with a lisp!"

The rest are only moos...

16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I admit: The whole "Muppet Idol" and Ashanti deals have me thrown off a bit, but the rest of the whole thing I'm in love with! I cannot stand waiting to see this film...and I HOPE I get to see it that night!

BTW: Something that bothers me about the writing of the Muppet Movies anymore is how they handle background scenes and cameos anymore: They date the films. The first 3 Muppet Movies, plus the MTI and MCC movies, had cameos that did not date the film, but the Hulk Hogan in MFS and "Muppet Idol" in MWoO all date the film. Hulk Hogan will be a good guy again before long in the wrestling community and one day American Idol won't be on TV anymore and folks will wonder what it's all about.

HOWEVER! We're getting the EM band back in full swing, we're getting to have Rowlf and all our old faves back again, including the Frank Oz characters back in action (and not just dubbed over the phone lines)...Oh, yes! I am in love with the movie regardless!

17. Beauregard

Think possitive, my friend. Think possitive.

"Mwoo, Mwoo, for bwutter that talks back. The rest are only moos."

18. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Woo, I'm excited. You can even check my signature at the moment if you don't believe me!! Yay, I'm the first MC User to have a MWoO quote as my sig!! Woo!!

19. Beauregard

Where'd you get that quote from?

20. HPDJ

HPDJ Member

I Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray!!!