My friend's scandel, "Elmo not a girl?"

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, there was a time after I first saw Elmo about 12 or so years ago, where I was a bit confused. It wasn't Elmo's gender, (Elmo is a boy's name after all), but I thought he was voiced by a woman.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Brain Muehl, Richard Hunt, Kevin Clash? Not a woman in the bunch. Sorry... :wink:

But I would say that in various co-productions, he could just very well be voiced by a woman. And traditionally, a lot of young boys have been voiced by women, Rockey the Squirrel, Bart Simpson, Babies Gonzo, Robin, and Rowlf, Huey, Dewey and Louie (Ducktales and certain other projects. in the beginning they had the same VA as Donald), Nobita Nobi, among others. I think Theodore the Chipmunk was also a woman spead up (Janice Karmine, Ross B. JR's Wife).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
BraRockey the Squirrel, Bart Simpson, Babies Gonzo, Robin, and Rowlf, Huey, Dewey and Louie (Ducktales and certain other projects. in the beginning they had the same VA as Donald)
AKA June (Foray), Nancy (Carthwright), and Russi (Taylor).

As well, Tara (Strong) voices a few boy characters alongside her list of female characters (Raven [as well as Kitten and Kole], Ingrid, Bubbles, Angel, Ember/Spectra, etc.), most notably nowadays Benjamin "Ben 10" Tennyson & Timmothy "Timmy" Turner, among others (such as Dillan "Dil" Pickles and Omi).

Notable for her voices on Animaniacs!, Tress (MacNeille) also does male voices at times, most notably Chip--the opposite to her voicing of Gadget--of the Rescue Rangers, Cubert Farnsworth, Plopper ("Spider Pig, Spider Pig"), and Lisa Simpson's movie boyfriend.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Notable for her voices on Animaniacs!, Tress (MacNeille) also does male voices at times, most notably Chip--the opposite to her voicing of Gadget--of the Rescue Rangers, Cubert Farnsworth, Plopper ("Spider Pig, Spider Pig"), and Lisa Simpson's movie boyfriend.
Ah yes. Chip. His voice (or rather her voice) is spead up just enough to confuse most people to the fact that a woman is doing the voice. Especially since, Chip loves Gadget.

And let's not Forget Baby Rowlf- Kathie Liegh. Who also did the voice of Honker in Darkwing Duck. Opposite Gosalyn, played by Christine Cavanaugh, who was the original voice for Chuckie and Dexter- both boys.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And sadly, under Chip 'n Dale's bios at Disney.com, not ONE mention of the Rescue Rangers is said or even alluded to! :cry: Come on, Gadget Hackwrench, Monteray Jack, Zipper, and even Foxglove need respect too, for their contributions to their cohorts' careers, IMO. :frown:

Christine Cavanaugh, who was the original voice for Chuckie.
People often confuse her and Kath Soucie--voice of Sally Acorn (Sonic the "SatAM" Hedgehog), Kanga (modern-day Winnie the Pooh), Muriel Bags (Courage the Cowardly Dog), etc.--saying the latter voiced Chuckie. I wonder why? :smile: