My friend's scandel, "Elmo not a girl?"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well in all honestly the newer ones a kind of lazy. But that just the nature of Garfield now isn't it?:wink:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Well in all honestly the newer ones a kind of lazy. But that just the nature of Garfield now isn't it?:wink:
*badum tish* (drum fill) :stick_out_tongue:

Can't say that the movies really do the cartoon strip justice. Kinda ironic that Bill Murray provided the voice for Garfield tho.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I always had thought Blue from Blue's Clues was a boy, and was shocked to discover that he was a she!:zany:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Same here, I didn't know Blue was supposed to be a girl, lol. And not because she's blue (I don't buy into "boy and girl colors"). It just didn't seem that way to me. ::shrugs::

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
All I remember was hearing that Blues was a she at some point. I guess i realy hadn't thought about it before that.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Well, Nermal was introduced as a "he" in his second strip appearance. http://garfield.com/comics/comics_archives_strip.html?1979-ga790904
I really think they should have gone with another VA for Nermal. Someone like Russi Taylor or Nancy Cartwright who have histories of doing voices of little boys, which have a more masculine quality to them.
Them, or June Foray in her Rocket J. Squirrel/Sherman voice would've been better. (Glad I own the comic books!)

Also, I just read that Melissa Duck actually appeared in two Looney Tunes shorts long before she was on Baby Looney Tunes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Duck

Drtooth

Reaction score
bit of correction, June Foray never did the voice of Sherman. that was done by Walter Tetley, who (like Dick Beals) had a disorder that kept him from growing. That also affected his voice, causing him to have a child's voice his entire life) He was pretty much in his 30's or 40's when he played Sherman.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
All I remember was hearing that Blues was a she at some point. I guess i realy hadn't thought about it before that.
They did the first Blue's Room after Blue's gender was established, I believe.