My friend's scandel, "Elmo not a girl?"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... Glad someone here who's a Garfield fan got that joke.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That joke so went over my head when I read it earlier, but I totally get it now! Very funny!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh I did get the joke before, sorry! :smile:

Jon: Don't you know how wrong it was to try and mail Nermal to Abu Dhabi?

Garfield: You're right, Egypt's further...

Java

Reaction score
Tweety for whatever reason I never thought of as male or female. Tweety just was... that's all I needed to know.

I've never read enough Garfield to fully puzzle out the whole Nermal thing but I was under the impression he was a she for awhile... My brother told me otherwise.

Muppet wise, I'll have to think about that one. I'm sure there was at least one I was confused about but I'll have to find that memory that's lost in the depths of my mind.

Katzi428

Reaction score
OK... If this is gonna devolve into discussing other characters, then I'm shoving it into another folder.

And Beth, where is this bunk about Nermal being a boy kitten? Nermal is, has been and always will be a girl kitten.
Uh Ed? Nermal's a boy kitten. (even though he's voiced in the cartoon by a woman named Desiree Goyette) According to one of the strips,Garfield asked him why he'll never grow.Nermal's response is that he's a midget.
Kathy
PS...OOPS!Someone posted something about Nermal DEFINITELY being a boy!SAH-REE!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
So ironic to see this thread... A couple years ago, Big Bird's gender was the subject of great debate at an extended family dinner celebrating... Hm, grandparent's birthday? Anniversary? I dunno, one of the times where we went to that one restaraunt. My cousin- who, by the way, has two young sons of his own, though at the time he only had one- was absolutely convinced that Big Bird was a girl, and put up quite an argument with my mother and me. His logic? Simple- why would a boy bird have a nest? My mom and I tried to prove him wrong, saying that in all the Sesame Street books, Big Bird is a "he," but since my cousin had never heard of Sesame Street having books, that didn't go over too well. :stick_out_tongue: