My Kermit Muppet

vic

Reaction score
thanks sorry if i've be a pain.
No no you are not a pain at all!! I think your awesome :smile:
I will forward you what ever info I find in regards to making one ok ?
:smile:

Rugby

Reaction score
Those look awesome. But here's the question. The magic of a real muppet also lies on the inside. Frank Oz had said that muppets are built so specialized that they fit like a glove. How do these puppets fit on your hand? I wonder if the person that made these has knowledge of the inner workings and methods used on actual muppets. I know the Randolph the Red Nosed Monster I bought from Terry Angus has that quality, as it fits great and is easy to operate. He has direct knowledge of how a muppet is made on the outside as well as the inside.

vic

Reaction score
Those look awesome. But here's the question. The magic of a real muppet also lies on the inside. Frank Oz had said that muppets are built so specialized that they fit like a glove. How do these puppets fit on your hand? I wonder if the person that made these has knowledge of the inner workings and methods used on actual muppets. I know the Randolph the Red Nosed Monster I bought from Terry Angus has that quality, as it fits great and is easy to operate. He has direct knowledge of how a muppet is made on the outside as well as the inside.
Very strong point ! This muppet is very confortable in the hand the mouth moves fantasticly well however because of his inner supported reticulated foam head it is practically impossible to do all the gestures that emote discuss, confusion, embarrassment ..... Etc that the real Kermit can with his hollow inside ... You are very correct and if there was one thing this muppet is missing is that !!! Btw... Who is Terry Angus does he make muppets ? I am in the market for a cookie monster replica :smile:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
He is (or used to be) a professional Muppet puppet builder. I'm not sure he takes commissions anymore, but I may be wrong. He actually was on the forums not long ago. :smile:

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Those look awesome. But here's the question. The magic of a real muppet also lies on the inside. Frank Oz had said that muppets are built so specialized that they fit like a glove. How do these puppets fit on your hand?
This is something I actually have heard in the past, but forgot to consider when I started my first replica venture (which is in progress)! So jealous of the masters who know these techniques :stick_out_tongue: Do you where I might be able to receive advice on how to better build the insides for comfort and performance purposes?

Rugby

Reaction score
Sorry, I wish I did. Hopefully somebody else can answer that one.

vic

Reaction score
Sorry, I wish I did. Hopefully somebody else can answer that one.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/my-kermit-muppet.51822/
This is something I actually have heard in the past, but forgot to consider when I started my first replica venture (which is in progress)! So jealous of the masters who know these techniques :stick_out_tongue: Do you where I might be able to receive advice on how to better build the insides for comfort and performance purposes?
Honestly It is not that difficult for somebody that has already figured out the pattern shape etc... What I mean is a lot of this puppets including mine where built to be puppets/ posers in other words that they would look good even with out a hand inside. Have you ever seem Kermit with out a hand inside , probably not because he is hollow inside the head, well semi hollow he has a very thin coat of foam the wouldnt alow the head to stand on its own but instead would allow all the flexibility of movements for gestures. So basically you have to deside if you want him to look good even when there is no hand then reticulated foam is good but if you want him to be a 100 % puppet then use the other foam( I forget it's name) but the comstruction principal is the same just different shell material.