1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

My latest puppet

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by pashmonster, Jul 18, 2011.

1. pashmonster

pashmonster Member

Guess who got bored waiting for the photo puppet and decided it was easier to make my own that actually works.

It is almost finished just need to glue ears on, they are pinned at moment, also need to add extra material to make a sleeve to cover my arm. His jacket is near as possible as I could make it, it is just a plain jacket I may alter that later. The arm rods havnt been attached yet but I have already made holes in the hands for rods to attach to. As it will mainly stay on my self i may not bother to attach them.

check pics here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/53875519@N02/?saved=1
    muppetperson likes this.
  2. propologist

propologist Member

3. pashmonster

pashmonster Member

4. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

its perfect!! great work!!

cc
  5. Goochman

Goochman Member

6. callmemilo

callmemilo Member

I absolutely love it! Have voted on your poll and would love to see a build diary for this puppet. Looks amazing!
  7. pashmonster

pashmonster Member

Thanks,
    It has taken a lot of time and money to get the puppet work just right but I would like everyone to have puppet like this so was thinking of 3 options to get it out there.

1. Can buy a fully built puppet. I have enough material to make 3 fully built puppets. I takes me almost a week to build it from start to finish including the jacket and dying the fabric etc. Shipping to USA from UK is almost $60 dollars, so estimate that price would be $500, so i know this prices out most people.

2. Puppet Kit form - You would get a fully built control mechanism to work the puppet, with a foam head already attached. Pair of white resin cast hands and nose (all need painting). Full instructions how to build the rest of the puppet including patterns for the puppet and the jacket. If I get 10 people interested to purchase this option I can do this for $160.00 each including shipping to USA.

3. I will eventually post a basic build diary but this will not for a while and will skip over how to build the mechanism. As it isnt a straight forward hand puppet I cannot do what project puppet does either and charge $20 for the pattern etc.

BUT....
    I will say if I happen to sell 3 full puppets and 10 kits. I will give the full patterns and how to build the mechanisim and puppet away for free to all members of MuppetCentral.
  8. pashmonster

pashmonster Member

Sorry for the Error, the price of a fully built puppet is $360.00 not $500. Dont know why I put $500. Sorry
    MattMitcheltree likes this.
  9. Studmeister17

Studmeister17 New Member

Wow. That's a really good replica. Looks just like the real thing.
  10. pashmonster

pashmonster Member

Thanks, there will be a few more out there soon, theres been a lot of interest.
  11. MattMitcheltree

MattMitcheltree New Member

Hey all, thought I'd give this thread a bump and let you know that I am one of the first to own one of these beautiful rats!!! I have to tell you, the quality and detail of the piece is absolutely amazing. pashmonster even contacted me to find out what hand I would be operating him with so that the trigger for his mouth would be on the correct side.

If you are on the fence about if you want to purchase or not, I have to say, best money I've ever spent! I'll post some pictures soon, but wanted to say thanks again to pashmonster and let you all know what a truly amazing artist he is. I would not hesitate in making another purchase.

I would also like to say that the quality is right up there with MR, I would even say above it seeing as how perfect he really is.
  12. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I love your puppets. Love your Rizzo, Kermit and Elmo! Your Edward Cullen is great! Any plans to do a Piggy and Fozzie?
  13. pashmonster

pashmonster Member

next plan is updating my kermit first with better seam stitching, then maybe pepe
  14. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

OMG! I'd love to see Pepe! He's my third favorite muppet!
  15. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

So, pashmonster, I think I sent you a PM, but not sure if I did it correctly. The way the site has changed and all, I sent you a "start a conversation" thing. Is that the equivalent of a private message on the new site???
  16. pashmonster

pashmonster Member

PM'd you back
  17. pashmonster

pashmonster Member

Last chance to order a rat puppet, taking orders upto Saturday morning then no more rats again, people who have ordered already either have their puppets or there puppets will be with them shortly.
  18. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Sent you an e-mail and a PM.
  19. pashmonster

pashmonster Member

Please note all rat puppets at this current price have been made and are ready to be shipped. No more rats are to be made this year or this price. Thank you to all that purchased a puppet or a kit.

Mark
  20. MattMitcheltree

MattMitcheltree New Member

You know I'm already in line for anything you do!! Love my Rat! Your work is simply AMAZING!