My outline attempt coming soon

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share that incident from the Goodies TV episode from which I drew my inspiration for the Talk Spot between Tim and Kermit with Piggy attacking Tim at the end.
It's been a long time since I've seen any Goodies at all let alone that specific episode but this is basically what happened as I remember:
In the course of the dialogue between Tim and Greame Tim starts talking about the Muppets as real. This follows:
GREAME:They're not real you know.
TIM:Of course they're real.
GREAME:No no. Don't be silly. Muppets are dollies.
TIM:If they're dollies then how can they sing and dance and get into silly fights with each other?
GREAME:Look. Kermit the Frog is a green sock.
TIM:Huh.
Greame puts a sock on one of his hands, getting down on his knees saying Kermit is a green sock on someone's hand telling Tim to watch as he holds the sock up and makes it look like a mouth with his fingers mimicking Kermit's voice remarkably well.
"Hi ho there. Welcome to the Muppet Show. And now may I present Miss Piggy. YAAY!"
Tim keeps his cool saying that at least Piggy definitely has to be real but Greame says a mop head with a wire coathanger holding up such a mock up with a dress like material on the hanger and mimics a conversation between Kermit and Piggy.
Tim is starting to look perturbed now but Greame hasn't finished yet.
He says Fozzie Bear is an old brown overcoat with a hat on. He puts down "Piggy" picks up a hat and coat and starts to say "Hey Kermit. Funnee. Hope those two old men in the box don't start to heckle me." Then he holds up two little somethings or other meant to represent the hecklers "It's the bear. Boo. Get him off. He's terrible."
By this time Tim is dreadfully upset and cries"No!No! Lies! It's all lies!"
Greame response is to hold the green sock up again and say "Halfway down the stairs is a stair where I sit."
Tim can't take any more and runs out the room screaming. Greame is pleased with himself thinking that Tim will get over it like a child told that Santa isn't real. But then Tim comes racing back in with the kitchen stove, dumps it upon Greame knocking him down and runs back out again.
Finally Greame pushes the stove off him and calls out after Tim "Why did you have to choose that to hit me with? Now you've ruined the cake we were baking?":big_grin:
I'm sure you all got a worthwhile laugh out of that.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
That's pretty good actually. I really liked that outline, Bill. :smile: That last bit was perfect.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I just thought I'd share that incident from the Goodies TV episode from which I drew my inspiration for the Talk Spot between Tim and Kermit with Piggy attacking Tim at the end.
It's been a long time since I've seen any Goodies at all let alone that specific episode but this is basically what happened as I remember:
In the course of the dialogue between Tim and Greame Tim starts talking about the Muppets as real. This follows:
GREAME:They're not real you know.
TIM:Of course they're real.
GREAME:No no. Don't be silly. Muppets are dollies.
TIM:If they're dollies then how can they sing and dance and get into silly fights with each other?
GREAME:Look. Kermit the Frog is a green sock.
TIM:Huh.
Greame puts a sock on one of his hands, getting down on his knees saying Kermit is a green sock on someone's hand telling Tim to watch as he holds the sock up and makes it look like a mouth with his fingers mimicking Kermit's voice remarkably well.
"Hi ho there. Welcome to the Muppet Show. And now may I present Miss Piggy. YAAY!"
Tim keeps his cool saying that at least Piggy definitely has to be real but Greame says a mop head with a wire coathanger holding up such a mock up with a dress like material on the hanger and mimics a conversation between Kermit and Piggy.
Tim is starting to look perturbed now but Greame hasn't finished yet.
He says Fozzie Bear is an old brown overcoat with a hat on. He puts down "Piggy" picks up a hat and coat and starts to say "Hey Kermit. Funnee. Hope those two old men in the box don't start to heckle me." Then he holds up two little somethings or other meant to represent the hecklers "It's the bear. Boo. Get him off. He's terrible."
By this time Tim is dreadfully upset and cries"No!No! Lies! It's all lies!"
Greame response is to hold the green sock up again and say "Halfway down the stairs is a stair where I sit."
Tim can't take any more and runs out the room screaming. Greame is pleased with himself thinking that Tim will get over it like a child told that Santa isn't real. But then Tim comes racing back in with the kitchen stove, dumps it upon Greame knocking him down and runs back out again.
Finally Greame pushes the stove off him and calls out after Tim "Why did you have to choose that to hit me with? Now you've ruined the cake we were baking?":big_grin:
I'm sure you all got a worthwhile laugh out of that.
LOL! That's actually pretty funny. "Muppets are dollies", hee-hee-hee!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes it is a barrel of laughs. I always felt that out of the team of Bill, Greame and Tim the one who would have worked the best as a muppet guest would be definitely Tim and when I remembered that this had been on a Goodies TV episode it seemed a perfectly good idea to refer to it in the talk spot and the final touch with Miss Piggy getting offended by Tim's careless outburst was the most natural way to put it together to my mind.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
These are suggestions for polishing. Something I always take great pains to work out is wording. Typically, less is more.

Fozzie joke I tried asking a lollipop lady out on a date last week but when her boyfriend heard about it I had to quickly call it off. He had me well and truly licked.
When Gonzo is about to swing at the O he suddenly realizes that it is a mirror and stops himself just in time saying "Whew. That was close. I can't afford 7 years of bad luck.
Could re-word the Fozzie bit as: "I asked out a lollipop lady, but had to call it off on account of her boyfriend. He had me well and truly licked." Or something like that.

Also, in the opening Gonzo bits, in Season One anyway, Gonzo hardly spoke at all. He had one "not bad" directed at Crazy Harry in the Phyllis Diller and Kaye Ballard episodes. The line there wouldn't have been included in the actual show at the time.

Houses
House 1: I have to go to a funeral tomorrow.
House 2: What? What has happened?
House 1: My best friend's grandfather became too old and was condemned and demolished.
I tried to do the 'condemned' joke myself, at least to work it out. I think I have something like that in my as-of-yet unfinished (and liable to stay that way for some time) Cass Elliott outline. Could shorten it to something like this:

House 1: I have to go to a funeral tomorrow.
House 2: What happened?
House 1: My best friend's grandfather was demolished.

I think when I tried to work out the 'condemned' joke, I did it as 'bad news from the doctor'.

SAM:Ladies and gentlemen. I am so very pleased to present a real treat for you tonight. My two favourite singers Wayne and Wanda are going to perform a wonderful rendition of one of the most well loved numbers from the glorious musical based upon the famous children's novel "The Wizard of Oz." So here they are with Somewhere over the rainbow. Enjoy.
Sam never went into detail about the context of the songs performed by Wayne & Wanda. Only sometimes did he even give the title. A generic intro would do, or you can just have introduce them and the song. I love the idea of the sketch itself, though.

Perhaps the Panel Sketch could be "Relaxation Techniques".

Well, that's me weighing in thus far. Looks pretty solid to start.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thank you Gorgon. I think I may as well try to put it all together on paper and then post it out. That is probably the easiest way to go about it.

I really appreciate all your help. I think I'll at least try to come up with little bits and pieces to make up the panel sketch as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is great Martin! I really like the part with Wayne and Wanda and it's so fitting that they get squished by the house! That is a true Wayne and Wanda sketch! Good work!