My Question's Been Answered...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember Orson from U.S. Acres putting away a book saying "Jack the Giant Killer." And like I said, it's completely different than the kiddified Jack story we all know.

Still, I'd probably recommend seeing the Harryhausen version over this one.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember Orson from U.S. Acres putting away a book saying "Jack the Giant Killer." And like I said, it's completely different than the kiddified Jack story we all know.
Hehehe, sorry totally unrelated but I was listening to an audio interview the other day of Greg Berger, who played Orson. He pulled a song from the show out of nowhere that I hadn't thought of in years, lol.

Anyway, yeah this isn't quite the harmless Jack and the Beanstalk story, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to re-read the articles more clearly, but it says that they aren't quite related yet are... I dunno. I think the Beanstalk one is the child friendly derivative.

And you just know a bunch of people are going to think the movie is Jack and the Beanstalk and complain about it for the wrong reasons... instead of the right reasons.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
You mean it's not supposed to be some version of Jack and the Beanstalk?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Look it up on Wikipedia... or better yet, look at the post above you where I posted that link.

It's an entirely different story.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I didn't see any link, but I searched it up.
Wow. How did they manage to make a movie, entirely different from the actual Jack and the Beanstalk story, but manage to make it look like it's an exact change of the actual story? I mean, they even named the Giant slayer Jack!

By the way, if anyone's interested, you can see the trailer right here.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/jackthegiantslayer/

EDIT: I just watched the trailer, it looks like it is a take-off of the J&TB story after all. You see at the beginning of the trailer a guy planting a seed into the ground, it then becomes a giant beanstalk, and giants are there too, of course.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT: I just watched the trailer, it looks like it is a take-off of the J&TB story after all. You see at the beginning of the trailer a guy planting a seed into the ground, it then becomes a giant beanstalk, and giants are there too, of course.
Looks like they combined both stories. There is a 2 headed giant in the movie preview as well, and that's exclusive to the Giant Killer story. Again, the connection between the two is unclear.