My Second MARVELOUS Year On Muppet Central!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
August 13th, 2005.......

Hi-ho, everyone. :smile:

My name's muppetwriter (see definition in signature), and I became a member of the Muppet Central message board just this past Saturday. I've been a fan of the Muppets since I was a year old. I love everything that's related to Jim Henson's Muppets, from Sesame Street to The Muppet Show to Labyrinth. I've been a keeping a few "Muppet Collectibles" over the past couple of decades, including a Kermit the Frog puppet (which has unfortunately turned up missing for a while).

Until now, most of the fanfics that I've written have been based on the Disney franchise, putting characters like Mickey Mouse and other popular characters in roles that no one has ever seen (or read) them in before. Well, now I'm dedicating my writing skills to "Muppet" fanfics, which will be a great task for me, seeing as how I've never written such a type of fanfic before. Lately, I've been focusing on a fanfic series centered on a crossover between the Muppets and characters from Marvel comic books (i.e. "Spider-Man", "The Incredible Hulk", etc.). There are a lot more fanfics that I have planned as well.

It really feels great being a part of a "Muppet" forum. I hope to have as much fun here as I did on another great message board.
August 13th, 2006.........

On August 13th, 2005, which was a Saturday if I'm not mistaken, I'd signed up on one of the best message boards that I'd ever been on. I remember it quite vividly. I was sitting by my computer that night, trying to register with all sorts of usernames like "Muppetman" or "Muppetmaster"; luckily, the name "Muppetwriter" wasn't taken, and it was a good thing, because that was all I had left. LOL!

When I first posted on MC, I was sitting by my daddy's computer, eating a bowl of Raisin Bran.

And I've been definitely having a lot of fun during the past twelve months that I've been here. Since the first month, I've succeeded in writing one Spider-Man/Muppets collaboration, three X-Men/Muppets ones, one Incredible Hulk/Muppets crossover, a Sesame Street/Superman story, and now I'm in the process of developing a Fantastic Four/Muppets story. On the side of all that, I've written a yet-to-be-completed Fraggle Rock/Sesame Street tale and attempted to write a Muppets/Pirates of the Caribbean crossover. So, looking at my resume, I seem to be what you might call "The King of Crossovers."

So, now I'm sitting here by my computer, eating a bowl of Wheaties (with bananas...delicious!) and writing about what has absolutely been one MARVELOUS year on Muppet Central. And I plan to have many more, as long as I'm coming up with new ideas each month.

As my idol, Stan Lee, would say at this point, "EXCELSIOR!"

These are the posts that I made over the past years that I had been on the boards, each year bringing in new discoveries, ideas, and different brands of cereal. Here I am, sitting by my computer as always, eating a bowl of Toasted Oats (something kind of close to Cheerios) and celebrating what appears to be my second anniversary on MC.

A lot has happened over these past twelve months for me...and I do mean a lot. Since the very first month I was on here, I succeeded in writing two Spidey/Muppets collaborations, three X-Men/Muppets ones, one Incredible Hulk/Muppets crossover, a Sesame Street/Superman story, a Sesame Street/Batman story, a Fantastic Four/Muppets crossover, and created a new spinoff series that deals with short versions of "MARVELOUS" tales. And now I'm in the process of writing a third Spidey/Muppets crossover and a second Fantastic Four/Muppets story, with a Storyteller/Ghost Rider/Labyrinth tale on the way.

But unlike the previous twelve months that I'd spent here, new achievements have occurred that are not story-related. These twelve months have brought new friends that I had made outside the boards and brought to Muppet Central. New friends like the beautiful and friendly Alissa Brown, who goes by "Newsboybliss" and even "Lori", and very soon the "Wonder Woman" known as Kat Meyers will be arriving as she had assured me on MySpace. Both of these marvelous ladies have become huge influences on my writing career, and I promise to both of them that during the duration of these next twelve months I will immortalize them into "MARVELOUS" history.

I promise to all of you that as I await the date of my third anniversary on these boards, I will give more amazing tales, whether they'd be of MARVELOUS quality, a DC quality, or a "stranger" quality.:wink:

"EXCELSIOR!"

Skye

Reaction score
That is so great, Muppetwriter! A big, huge Happy Anniversary to you, and many more! :smile:

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
That is my favorite word "EXCELSIOR" But! What it means!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks Skye, Jeany, and Winslow!:smile:

Oh, and Jeany, it turns out that "Excelsior" is a Latin word meaning "higher", but can be used from a variety of things, most importantly the official motto of New York State (from the state seal).

One thing that I hope to see from my friends here on Muppet Central over these next twelve months is an Indiana Jones/Muppets crossover story. That'd be really marvelous!:wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, it feels like you've been here for a long time, as I was reading this thread, I suddenly remembered the day you joined this crazy little World-Wide-Nuthouse!

Congratulations! ! !

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Haha! Thanks, Snowth. It does feel like I've been here for ages. I really do hope I'm on here 'til I'm 104 years old.:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Congratulations of tow years muppetwriter!:smile: I can't wait to find out what exciting new flavor of cereal you'll be eating next!:big_grin:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
OH HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEAR!

:big_grin: I hope to get there too. <3333 That is a long time!