My second Muppet!

Greenlantern999

Reaction score
Here is number two, still using the glorified sock puppet pattern but I got to get a bit more creative this time. I love Muppet Monsters so this is my first try at one. I am thinking of adding a tooth or two to him as well!

My wife suggested I get rid of the original background since it was "too busy" so I stuck him on the Street for effect. :smile: What do you guys think? I would like to branch out and start making my own patterns but I'm not sure where to start yet. Any advice is more then welcomed!

PS he doesn't have his arms sewn on yet I will post a new pic when he is all done but I was just super excited and wanted to share :smile:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I like this one. Looks kinda like a blue Gobo, but with a Muppet Show/Sesame Street monster vibe to it. Bravo.

I was about to purchase the GSP pattern myself and make some guys with it. I'm guessing you used foam to pad out the bottom lip and muzzle? And what did you use for eyes?

Greenlantern999

Reaction score
the only thing I did outside of the patter for him (as far as foam goes) was I put an extra piece on top to make his head a bit more sturdy. everything else they walk you through wonderfully, I can't wait to get some more of there stuff! His eyes are generic ping pong balls I found at the front of Target, they were four for a dollar and the had white and this yellowy/orange color you see here. His pupils are pre-cut felt furniture pads and his eye lids are feather boas cut down and (you can't really see them here) but I had sewn on some eye lids for him as well.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Cool. I assume you used glue to stick the eyes on the head? (sorry if I'm asking 20 questions, it's just I'm a bit anxious making my own Muppet)

charlie bird

Reaction score
You make great puppets realy quick,wow!The glorified sock puppet pattern is awsome I never thought about ading extra foam at the top of it awsome desighn!

Alvin

Reaction score
hey he's cool....wish I could get the green screen effect right!
ALSO wish I had the patience to make my own...:stick_out_tongue:

Greenlantern999

Reaction score
Cool. I assume you used glue to stick the eyes on the head? (sorry if I'm asking 20 questions, it's just I'm a bit anxious making my own Muppet)
No problem at all I am watching how to puppet videos and reading any puppet making forum I can find to find out more stuff, I sewed the eye lids on and then glues the ball into the sewn on lid

Greenlantern999

Reaction score
You make great puppets realy quick,wow!The glorified sock puppet pattern is awsome I never thought about ading extra foam at the top of it awsome desighn!
Thanks a ton! this is all super exciting for me, I have been a Muppet/puppet fan forever and now I am on target to making them myself, soon I want to start toying with things like blinking eyes and wiggling ears and the like, I have no idea how to do any of it yet but a few weeks ago I would never have guessed I could make decent Muppet at all!

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I've been wanting to dabble in the dark art of eyelid mechs myself. However, I'm just going to make my first Muppet with plain eyes.