My Version of Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

Reaction score
Thank you for your words on Behind the Scenes of The Muppet Movie. I love hearing small things (like what you posted above) and it really just makes the movie a different watch each time.

Thanks. :smile:

Tim

Reaction score
I love hearing from others-especially those with questions. I don't always have answers, but it's fun to hook up with people, and try to remember things from 30 years ago.

I was just enjoying "THE PRODUCERS" DVD and Susan Strohman's commentary. Listening to her take on working with Mel Brooks broght back memories of watching him work, for example.

Fun stuff all around!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do you remember if you saw any scenes filmed that got cut from the movie by time it was released?

Tim

Reaction score
Except for the quick glance I saw of the Swamp Creature (which I assume they used), nothing I saw being done. Lots of scenes written up, but I don't know if they were ever shot.

One interesting fact is that they had built huge hands for Animal in the ghost town scene. You can see them resting on the roof of the building in the View-Master reels, but no where else that I saw, and since it was a still shot, I don't know if there were even animated or not.

Looked cool, though!

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
I have a question. Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Camilla, Robin, Zoot, Animal, Bunsen and Beaker, at the ending scene, all had legs attatched, or in the scenes where there legs are shown. Rowlf how ever, like in the camping scene, his sleeping bag is to collapsed... And in the Screening room scene, he was standing it looked like, behind Marvin and Beaker. Was he not in the Closing Number before Gonzo caused the set to fall appart, due to his absense of Legs?:confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
PhsychoChimp said:
I have a question. Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Camilla, Robin, Zoot, Animal, Bunsen and Beaker, at the ending scene, all had legs attatched, or in the scenes where there legs are shown. Rowlf how ever, like in the camping scene, his sleeping bag is to collapsed... And in the Screening room scene, he was standing it looked like, behind Marvin and Beaker. Was he not in the Closing Number before Gonzo caused the set to fall appart, due to his absense of Legs?:confused:
Actually, Beaker's legs weren't shown in The Mppet Movie. He was standing behind the rainbow (I guess there must have been a stand or something attached to the behind of the rainbow).

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Actually, Beaker's legs weren't shown in The Mppet Movie. He was standing behind the rainbow (I guess there must have been a stand or something attached to the behind of the rainbow).
They are shown when he falls from the rainbow.:wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
PhsychoChimp said:
And in the Screening room scene, he was standing it looked like, behind Marvin and Beaker.
I think Rowlf standing (or sitting) behind the seats might either be a case of him acting like a dog (sitting on the floor) or him not being able to find an extra seat (though he could have sat in the seat that Kermit eventually sat in, or he could have sat in the chair that Doglion took).

I don't think legs were built for everybody who sat in the screening room. I think just characters who sat in the first row and characters who had close-ups in their chairs (where their legs could partially be seen).

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Tim, that was a terrific read. Thank you for sharing those memories and experiences with us. I especially love the bit about the paper airplane and Sam being a blooper and Jim/Kermit's ad lib, lol.

That sure was a magical time...

Jon

Reaction score
Tim , thank you so much for your recollections of distilled magic! I envy you. (but in a nice way!:smile:

I do have a question(s):embarrassed:

Did you try on Uncle Deadly? I always imagined he to be one of the heavier Muppets to operate.

I'm wondering about the colour of the puppet aswell .Sometimes the puppet comes over as rather pale and others a deeper blue. Do you recall?

Again thanks for such a wonderfull story.