Nanco Fraggle Dolls

justairbagit

Reaction score
Has any one every seen or own the nanco sprocket or traveling matt? or were these protypes?

muppet baby

Reaction score
:coy: I ordered a Wembley Sababa doll online and received a Nanco (bait-and-switch) so be careful when ordering Fraggle toys from Amazon sellers.

:busy: The Nanco ones are U-G-L-Y. I had to put that in all caps because the Sababa ones are just so beautiful and cuddly. Trust me on this, the Nanco ones pictured don't look that spectacular online, but look dreadful in person. Skip-em. I can maybe understand getting a Matt or Sprocket because none was made by Sababa, but keep in mind they are the company that brought us these beauties!

:smirk: There are a couple acceptable Nanco dolls here and there, but they are few and far between. Pretty much these toys are a hack product from a hack company in this frogboy's opinion. We are no longer living in a Muppety drought. There's no need to accept these licensed knock-offs of better made products.

oh my gosh yes i know what u mean about the ugly muppets and that they need a home when i went to a drive movie theatre at my home town and then there was a claw machine theere i always have to try no matter where i am at ,

well i saw one of the miss piggies in there it she looked really ugly , i won her easy .
when i got her out and saw her face i thought wow the body part was cute but her face was really werid it almost did not look like her i saw the hair and it was just not even blond but almost a organge ,

and then her face was all smuged it seems wow i hope that brand can doo the dolls anyway as i look at thes pictures that u do have the fozzy is way off more than miss piggy or the others i hope that the kids can see what example that u where watching i mean it does not for sure look like him grrrrrrrrreally bad so sad piggy and fozzie

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*shrugs* Perhaps making a likeness of a character is harder than it looks on paper?

Drtooth

Reaction score
*shrugs* Perhaps making a likeness of a character is harder than it looks on paper?
Depends on the company. And even then, a plush is (as someone once pointed out either here or the Palisades board) basically a pillow stuffed and sewn to look like a character, as opposed to a PVC figure or plastic representation, which is sculpted out of clay. Theres a lot of error in a plush doll if not manufactured correctly (see the McDonalds promotional miniplush on muppetwiki)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Depends on the company. And even then, a plush is (as someone once pointed out either here or the Palisades board) basically a pillow stuffed and sewn to look like a character, as opposed to a PVC figure or plastic representation, which is sculpted out of clay. Theres a lot of error in a plush doll if not manufactured correctly (see the McDonalds promotional miniplush on muppetwiki)
It looks like what would happen if I tried to sew:eek:!