1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

NECA to make Jareth figure!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by CrystalBat, Nov 1, 2006.

1. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

NECA, being the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, just recently announced that they will be rleasing a Jareth figure from labyrinth, and although pictures have not yet been released, I have a strong feeling it is going to be awesome.
  2. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Really? I thought they cancelled it... ? :confused:
  3. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

I am pretty sure it is going to be made. Neca recently posted on theior site that they will be releasing the figure in march.
    Friday, October 27, 2006
    "Some New Announcements from Toy Fair

In Stores March
    Jareth, The Goblin King from Labyrinth.
    Yes an action figure with the likeness of David Bowie and this figure has to be seen to be believed. I can't wait to debut this figure for everyone to see as it is truly a thing of beauty.. Those lucky enough to catch a glimpse at Toy Fair were in awe."
    I have high hopes, neca makes some cool figures, and jareth could make a very cool figure. So be sure to check around stores in march. Ill update this thread when pictures are released!
  4. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Palisades going to make a Jareth before they went under? Maybe that's what we're thinking of (cuz I was thinking the same thing. ;) ).

I hope this one is actually released!
  5. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

6. Is this the 12" Jareth figure that has been available to order since the beginning of the year but is yet to be released? Was it cancelled? I haven't heard anything about it since I ordered it months back.
  7. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

No, the 12-inch figure announced last October was from Palisades Toys. The Palisades figure was going to be released in spring 2006 (and was put-up for pre-order online) - however the figure was canned when the company unfortunately closed. That figure has not been released and will not be released.

This figure of Jereth, made by NECA, is a totally different product from a totally different company.
  8. It seems coincidental that another company would consider releasing a Jareth figure so soon after the Palisades version has been cancelled. Is there a bet that the new figure will look awfully like the one that Palisades was due to release? :smirk:
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Well after Palisades' product was drop I bet there were others vying for the license. From the remarks I've heard fromthose who saw the figure at Toy Fest last month, the thing is amazing looking and they were in awe of the craftsmanship. Pictures should be released soon, but I bet it will be better than the Palisades figure.
  10. From the photo I saw of the Palisades version, it looked pretty good. I know these things tend to change over time before the final version is agreed on but it was quite impressive. There was even promise of his long coat being available in selected packages. It'd be nice if NECA decided on something along the same lines. Any idea if there are any pics or details of the new version? I'm really interested in it. :)
  11. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Details, pictures and more information should be released in the coming weeks. There's really no more info out there yet. :smirk:
  12. I've heard that a large part of the Palisades company has been bought out by another company. I wonder how that will affect any further Muppet figure releases. The Jareth figure is due out next March. Am I right in thinking that it is being made by the same people who bought us the "Movie Maniac" range? Those figures were always pretty impressive and highly detailed.
  13. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

Movie maniacs was mcfarlane, but NECA has a line called cult classics that is very similar. Actually this jareth is gonna be released as a cult classics presents figure, so that makes sense. I am fairly sure that NECAs jareth will not look too similar to the one palisades was making. Rumor has it NECAs sculpt was pretty amazing. Chances are the costume will be different, new sculpt, hopefully some accessories or a cool base. We shall see.
  14. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

I'll be honest guys, the guy who sculpted the NECA jareth figure is a good friend of mine, and I have seen the figure painted. There isnt much I can say about it except, if you thought the palisades Jareth was good, this figure will blow you away. It looks like it came right out of the movie.
  15. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

WOW sounds awesome I cant wait to see it!!!!
  16. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

I cant answer pm's yet guys, i havent posted enough or sometheing. Still no new info on jareth, but hopefully the pictures will be released sometime this week. we shall see.
  17. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Ok, thank you!
    Looking forward to see (and buy) it! :)
  18. Land Strider

Land Strider New Member

Oooh! Very excited for this! I don't own anything of theirs, bur from what I've seen, NECA does good work. I remember the other Jareth figure (I *think* it was the Palisades one) and it was, er, not good looking. I'm looking forward to the photos of this version...
  19. quixotic

quixotic New Member

Can't wait to see the pictures :)
  20. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Plan B are still making their Jareth and Urskek busts? I have only seen the sitting and hanging Goblins on ebay.