Need help for avenue q puppets replicas

jcnegron

Reaction score
Darkranth . About the eyes. I have been thinking about using "Sculpey super flex","Sculpey eraser clay" or "fimo soft" for puppets eyes. I am thinking of making a flat tortilla or patty with one bar and use an ice cream scoop, a soup scoop or a bowl as a mold, pressing the dough from the inside to make it round, cut it with a glass and bake it. I haven´t try it, but I think could be used to make other unusual shapes too.

jcnegron

Reaction score
wow! it's extremely good. How did you do the nose? Are you going to put the beard? Good work.

darkranth

Reaction score
Thank you! For the nose I just took two pieces of fleece and sew them together and I put a styrofoam ball in it. But all the face is only temporary. It's not the material it's use to be. For the beard I tried to make a line in my sewing but can't barely see it. I tought I could sew an other piece of fleece on it.

Solaris

Reaction score
he really doesn't have a full on beard, it's more like a five o' clock shadow

darkranth

Reaction score
OMG! Last friday I did my first performance with nicky. I sang "if you were gay" in french... That was AWESOME! Everybody liked it, I received really good comments, I just can't wait to do it again!
Be careful Quebec! Avenue Q is coming! Yeaaah!

jcnegron

Reaction score
Congratulations, Darkranth. Hey.. did you translated the lyrics? have you heard those on the upcoming Paris version? By the way tell me how they sound to you:http://www.myspace.com/avenueqfr I mean soundwise they are great but how does the adaptation sound to you?

darkranth

Reaction score
It's hard to tell if the adaptation is good because, there is a BIG difference between french from France and french from Quebec. We don't have same expressions, not the same accent (not at all!) and some words don't have the same meaning. I don't really like the Paris version but it's because I'm from quebec, otherwise it's probably very good.

And yes I translated the lyrics but I started on the paris translation.

A great thing about french from quebec is that we use a lot of english word. So for the: I like you anyway , in the paris version the meaning changes in translation it sounds more like: You can be sure that it won't change anything (je peux t'assurer, que ça va rien changer) but in my translation it's the same (je t'aimerais anyway)

jcnegron

Reaction score
I want to hug that Trekkie. The show is going to be awsome. I hope someone could take some video of the performance.