New classic Muppet fan group!

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Haha no prob. We can ban together against the Pepe-lovers and say "We just don't like him!" I mean, he really is just the most annoying thing ever.
Hee hee! No kidding, eh?:wink: :big_grin: Seen him in MWof Oz, as Toto? oh man (groans).

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Most of MWoO evokes a groan from me. And though the majority of those groans come from Ashanti, Pepe's next in line.

I think I really started to hate him around the time of VMX (before that I just didn't care enough about him to hate). He's actually well-used in the movie, but I think I was just SO ****** that he betrayed Kermit like that... Yeah. We've never been able to go back.

muppetperson

Reaction score
(sighs) Really beginning to feel like I did when I lived in the family home, guys: like I'm not allowed to have my own opinions and like I have to be something I'm not to please others :frown: :frown: . Look, I'm not trying to force my religious beliefs (Wicca/Paganism) on anyone, so why are people here trying to force their likes and dislikes on me? Like I said in my last message, aren't I entitled to my own opinions? Its beginning to look like the answer is no, just like in the family home. If you guys like the newer Muppet movies, fine, but I don't, and I have a right to decide what I like and don't like. Phillip, if you are out there reading this, lets close this thread please? If everyone hates my group and my opinions, thats okay. Like I said, no one is twisting your arm to make you join my group, okay?

Patricia/cherrypotion
Patricia, Patricia, patricia! just by saying that I was dissappointed, doesnt mean that you cant have your group, or that EVERYBODY hates it.I dont hate it, in fact I said it was great, but I just gave an opinion about it.Everybody sees different things in the Muppets.If you dont like the current muppets, that is your choice.But please try and relax when people say things that you feel differently about.The choice is yours.

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Patricia, Patricia, patricia! just by saying that I was dissappointed, doesnt mean that you cant have your group, or that EVERYBODY hates it.I dont hate it, in fact I said it was great, but I just gave an opinion about it.Everybody sees different things in the Muppets.If you dont like the current muppets, that is your choice.But please try and relax when people say things that you feel differently about.The choice is yours.

Hey, so not a problem anymore. muppetperson. Sarah and I talked it out and I'm fine now. I just tend to be a bit defensive of my own opinions and likes and dislikes. As I stated earlier in this thread, its thanks to my mom and the way she raised me. During my childhood and teen years, my mom wouldn't let me express my own opinions on things. Things had to be, to quote an old phrase, "her way or the highway". I wasn't even allowed to choose what I wanted to wear. My mom had her own ideas of what I should wear, and I was given no choice but to go along with her ideas. And as far as fashion goes, during my teen years, my mom's idea of "cool" was geeky nerdy clothes that only a female relative of Steve Urkel would wear. Don't get me wrong, I love Steve Urkel, but showing up for my first day of grade 8 wearing an outfit not too unlike the outfit Laura wore for the "if she were in Steve's shoes" segment of the Family Matters Christmas episode didn't exactly make a great first impression on my fellow classmates :rolleyes: . But after my chat with Sarah, I'm fine now. But thanks for your concern. You and the others I've met here are an awesome bunch, and as I stated in another thread, I'm really glad to be here.

Patricia/cherrypotion27

muppetperson

Reaction score
Glad everything is working out for you and good luck with your group.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
And I'm terribly sorry if I came across as rude or insensitive, Patricia. I apologize for that. I was probably a bit too short then I should have been with my typing/talking. Apperently in my love of all things encompassing the Muppets (with the sole exception of that one scene in AVMMCM, with Scooter pole-dancing...yeech. >_<) I seemed to have forgotten all those parts that were a bit...icky or passing moments. What you said also makes sense too, and I'll think about it, and see the movies in a new light perhaps.

I do hope you enjoy your time here, Patricia, and I hope we can become friends perhaps. :smile:

Can Elmo haters join the "We Hate Pepe" movement too!? Gah, yes, I agree with you Sarah; MWoO evokes many a groan from me. I think the only reason I adored it was because Scooter was brought back for good. Even if it was just a bit part, really. Nice to see a fellow wiccan, Patricia!

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Thanks

Dear Renee:

Hey, no problem: already over it, thanks to Sarah :smile: .

I have yet to see "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas", but I hear its pretty good so I'll have to check it out. Scooter pole-dancing? Seriously??O_____kay (has to wonder about that. What was whoever dreamed up that scene smoking? Just kidding. Or maybe not: haven't seen it yet-laughs).

I think anyone who can't stand Pepe is welcome to join, as you called it, the "We Hate Pepe" movement. Truth be known, you are not alone in hating Elmo: I can't stand him either. A little too syrupy-sweet for my tastes, and over-hyped too with all these Elmo dolls and other Elmo stuff. Give me my fav Fraggle, Boober, any day!

Patricia/cherrypotion27:big_grin:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Eeh, the Scooter pole-dancing bit was set in an alternate-universe type thing. Won't say more, it might ruin the movie for ya, but yeah.

Luke

Reaction score
VMX is a great movie, i think you should see it before being negative about the Muppets since Jim. Yeah they did some stuff that "classic" fans won't like much but in the later years things have really started to pick up (other than 'Oz) and it's not so much been the people behind the Muppets, than the companies they've been working with or the way media was/is at the time and they've have to adapt to in order to get viewers of all ages. Personally i think from MFS onwards they slowly started moving back towards a "classic" style - the other stuff was Disney, they HAD to kiddify it all a bit. They are a bit edgier today too but back then was like 1977, now it's 2007 - time's change and doing purely what they did back then would never work nowdays. There is definitely a classic element to it though, but that shows through more with VMX which is why i say go see it. Oz was a step backwards towards MCC/MTI (which are great films, just in a different style) but i doubt they will carry on down that path ... or um, yellow brick road.

I don't think anyone was trying to make you conform to their opinions, lets face it - you started a group where people can only discuss pre-Henson death Muppet productions because thats YOUR specific preference. It's the internet, people can say or do what they like (within reason) - yeah we have the gushy games here and it's pretty friendly but if anyone states a differing opinion to yours in the discussion threads it's not aimed at you personally.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not getting into the discussion, as I tend to get emotional, lol. I think most members can tell by now I am not a big fan of the post-Jim projects. The important thing is to respect each other's opinions. :smile:

Interesting idea, hope your group goes well!