New complete series gift box set coming in may!!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised that they're not making any sounds about releasing this on Blu-ray. That seems to be the way things are going. Of course, I can't see them releasing whole box sets in DVD/Blu-ray/digital/VHS/Betamax the way they do with stand-alone movies.

(Cue the inevitable rantfest about Blu-ray.)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised that they're not making any sounds about releasing this on Blu-ray. That seems to be the way things are going. Of course, I can't see them releasing whole box sets in DVD/Blu-ray/digital/VHS/Betamax the way they do with stand-alone movies.

(Cue the inevitable rantfest about Blu-ray.)
I think that has to do with the fact that Fraggle Rock wasn't filmed in HD or on film, videotape doesn't translate as splendid to Blu-ray as we would hope apparently.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I get what you're saying as far as people who weren't able to get all the DVDs the first time. Though I'm not getting any indication that these versions will be all that superior, certainly as far as extras.
The only extras I'm seeing are physical. They seem pretty good to those who haven't got the series yet. Though I have the sneaky suspicion that if I buy this whole 100 dollar gift set, ONE of the disks will be screwed up somehow. And it will, of course, screw up on the last episode I watch. Happened to me already with the PPG set.

But then of course, the original DVD's had very good, unsyndicated, uncut source material. I don't think there's any reason to buy it if you already have it, unless you're a completist collector. But if someone else rereleased The Tick uncut with all the episodes, I'd rebuy it in a heart beat. Disney did such a lackluster "Oh well, at least its something" job. Didn't even release season 3.

I think that has to do with the fact that Fraggle Rock wasn't filmed in HD or on film, videotape doesn't translate as splendid to Blu-ray as we would hope apparently.
That doesn't stop some people... but I just don't see it happening or even being necessary here. The only Blu Ray shows worth buying I hear are ones shot in HD currently. I'm sure if you make these older shows more HD, we'd see nothing but video artifact flaws.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
im probably gonna buy this cuz i wanna watch all the episodes in a row and i dont own any fraggle stuff yet