Vivendi to release new Fraggle Rock DVDs and other Henson Classics

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Does this mean we don't have to put up with Lionsgate anymore?
I think that Gaim Vivendi will be better than Lionsgate for DVDs and Blu-Ray.
I hope Vivendi doesn't block any of the Henson Company videos on Youtube not posted up by the Jim Henson Company itself.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I hope Vivendi releases the entire series of The Ghost of Faffner Hall, many episodes of Mopatop's Shop (even ones that haven't been on VHS or DVD yet), and the re-releases of Sesame Street: 20 Years and Still Counting and Henson's Place.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Everyone! At the Itunes store, I noticed that all the episodes of Fraggle Rock, Dog City, and Henson's Place aren't available at the moment maybe because of Vivendi taking over the Henson Company DVDs.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope Vivendi doesn't block any of the Henson Company videos on Youtube not posted up by the Jim Henson Company itself.
And I hope this means Lionsgate will stop taking down Henson-owned clips (though I've read that videos have been taken down because of copyright claims from companies that USED TO have temporary rights to content in the video long before YouTube was invented).

I only have the first season of Fraggle Rock. I hope that some of the "new" bonus materials include both of the Fraggle Rock compilation videos (Fraggle Songs was a bonus feature on the "Where It All Began" DVD, but I'd like to see Doozer Music included as a bonus feature). I'd also like to see "The Fraggles Search for Jobs" (though Terry Angus did say on The MuppetCast that when fans were discussing the possibillity of that as a bonus feature he doubted it would be included on DVD but didn't want to say anything on the forums... But then the Henson Company did upload a clip on YouTube). I believe Terry Angus once said that there was a Fraggle Rock promo featuring Kermit. I hope that can be included, but then again we'll have to hope that Disney will be as lenient as they were when the Lionsgate releases came out (and of course those came out a year before "The Muppets" big relaunch).

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
I'd also like to see "The Fraggles Search for Jobs"
Must agree, I long to watch that :smile:

Things 'bout to maybe finally hopefully get pretty awesome on the Fraggle front, sounds like! IT'S TIME TO THROW DOWN SOME FRAGGLE PARTIES, CAN YOU DIG IT

Collgoff

Reaction score
No doubt about it and that video is also on YouTube.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Maybe, Lionsgate will unblock all the Henson videos on Youtube since they're not going to distribute the DVDs anymore.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Maybe, Lionsgate will unblock all the Henson videos on Youtube since they're not going to distribute the DVDs anymore.
You know, on Youtube, maybe Lionsgate (who was the past distributer of Fraggle Rock) will bring back all of the videos they blocked to the public. Then, the members who are terminated will not be terminated or banned anymore.
Is that clear?

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
No doubt about it and that video is also on YouTube.
DANG! It really is! (In poor quality, but it's there!)

Thanks for questioning me there, otherwise I wouldn't have searched for the whole thing specifically. I mean, I'd seen the snippets of the thing via the Henson Company Youtube page, but all this time I've never known it was all there! Thanks, Colgoff!