New episodes of Between the Lions

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have noticed that for a while, they have used new openings on BTL, with announcer Bunny "previewing" that day's episode. I knew a new season was right around the corner. Today, my hypothisis was correct.

Today's episode, entitled "Hay Day" was one of them. In this episode, Lionel, Leona, and Lionel's Bunny Friend (I forgot his name, they didn't say) read a version of Rumplestiltskin, the troll not showing up until they gave him stuff (If you pay, I'll say okay, If you don't, I say no way.) The usual hilarity ensues.

Along with that, a few supporting segments included Click and Mouseworks, singing the sound of the day (ay), a humorous Germanic techno parody, replacing Martha Reader and the Vowelles, a funny Fred says segment (Spray, and away, punctuated by a humourous "It's that easy") Theatro with Hugo and Inez, and a new "The Unpeople," the first one since the end of season one.

I've noticed that a new puppeteer plays Theo. Someone posted this satement quite awhile back.

matleo

Reaction score
Yeah Theo is now played by Tim Lagasse who also plays Barnaby B> Busterfield III and Artie Smarty-pants as well as the bunny you mentioned, Gus. Also, Leona is now played by Pam Arciero. Hope this helps.

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks, Lone mantis of the apocolypse!!!! I knew it was something like "Gus," but I couln't remember. And also thanks for the puppeteers' names!!!

Smig

Reaction score
Fall 2002 News: (From the BTL website)

New episodes on TV!
No, it's not a mirage: ten brand-new episodes of Between the Lions have arrived! One will air every Monday from September 16 to November 18; then they will go into rotation with the other episodes. (The ten new episodes will also air two weeks straight, from December 23 to January 3.) Enjoy!

The Lions have a website at www.pbskids.org/lions

Smig

Drtooth

Reaction score
That is so cool,you know!

I just can't wait to see a new episode of Cliff Hanger, and Sam Spud, they have them, don't they?

I've noticed that Tim Lagasse's Theo is a little higher pitched and more nasil, and not quite as goofy as the last performer, but he gets the job done quite well! As for Pam playing Leona, does she play Clay Pidgeon, too? I've noticed that there is no real difference in Liona's voice, save it's closer to sounding like Mokey.

matleo

Reaction score
No Clay is performed by Heather Asch who also performs Marmy Smartypants.
That's funny that you think Leona sounds more like Mokey now considering that Mokey was also a Kathy Mullen character and Kathy is the former Leona. I think Tim's Theo is amazing. Tim usually has very distinct inflections in his voice but there's no trace of it at all in his performance of Theo. Really a great job!

--Matt

Smig

Reaction score
Why all the changes? what happened to the original performers?

Smig

matleo

Reaction score
I don't know about Kathy Mullen, but as far as Theo is concerned I believe it had to do with Bear and Lions filming at the same time. At one point, no one was sure about wether a 3rd season of Lions was going to happen until the last second and by the time they got around to finalizing things Peter Linz was already signed to be doing "Bear". At least that's the version I heard. but I like what Tim does and I actually kinda prefer Pam's Leona too. She seems a little older and methodical than Kathy's Leona. it giver her a nice depth.

--Matt

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah, I thougth Kathy's Liona sounded like a toddlerish Mokey, cause, well---she did Mokey, not this Pam chic. lol

:stick_out_tongue: