New episodes of Between the Lions

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
From what I understand Kathy Mullen and her husband Michael Frith are no longer involved with the series creatively.

matleo

Reaction score
Thanks Buck. I didn't know that. or I knew parts of it I guess. I knew Micheal had moved onto other things. I thought of the connection.

Byron,
Just so you know "This Pam Chick' is the same "Pam chick" behind Grungetta Grunge on Sesame Street and also puppeteered Lyndsey Dog on Allegra's window and many of the chracters on Eureeka's Castle.

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo

That's funny that you think Leona sounds more like Mokey now considering that Mokey was also a Kathy Mullen character and Kathy is the former Leona.
I Know!!! Isn't that wild? Other than Kathy, Pam, and Tim. You see, I never could find "Puppeteers" on the credits, becasue they go too darn fast!

never mind...

pbskids.org/lions/credits/television.html

And Could someone explaine to me why Heath the THeasaurus has a different voice? Which puppeteer left, or didn't want to do his voice?

Smig

Reaction score
It seems to me that they just decided to change the voice for the second season. Basically, it doesn't really make much of a difference since Heath was only used for intros and one song sequence during the first seaon. They got him a little more involved in the show during the second season.

I wish they'd Bring Artie into the Main stories occassionally.

Smig

matleo

Reaction score
DrT,
Heath was originally voiced by Tyler Bunch for the first season and then Peter Linz in season 2. I think. I have to check on that. The rest of the cast is as follows....

Peter Linz: Theo (saseons 1&2), Heath (?Season 2)
Jennifer Barnhart: Cleo
Kathy Mullen: Leona (seasons 1&2), Infomation Hen
Pam Arciero: Leona (season 3)
Anthony Asbury: Lionel
Heather Asch: Click the Mouse, Clay Pigeon, Marmy Smartypants
tyler Buunch: Clay pigeon (season 1), Heath (Season 1)
Jim Kroupa: Clay pigeon (seasons 2&3)
Tim Lagasse: Theo (season 3) Buster, Arty SmartyPants, Gus the Bunny
Jim "Nappy" Napalitano: Mr. Webster, Sgt. Exclamation (for the vowel boot camp bits.

Some cameos....Anthony Asbury appears as himself in the Shakepeare episode. And Tim can be found in the background of "Red Hat, Green Hat" in the lower right hand corner of the screen. He's sitting at a desk with a monkey which he's also puppeteering. tim also built the puppets for that story as well as the 3 dimensional puppets for "Daedalus and Icarus". jim Napalitano did the shadow puppets for that piece. Also look for Jim and Tim in the epsiode with the Sicialian Marionette troop. That's jiim and Tim up on marionette bridge with Sal.

--Matt

Erine81981

Reaction score
So the first Leona is played by the same one as Mokey. Or is it the other way around. I saw todays episodes and it sounded like Mokey. I was wondering?