New Ernie , Bert And Elmo Replicas

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Jarrod,

I am completely blown away. The Bert and Ernie replicas are the first ones I've ever seen that could pass for the real thing.

And now I'm gonna have to call Nancy so I can see the Bart puppet!

Keep up the great work.

:stick_out_tongue:

Keeermit

Reaction score
hey there, yeah I custom make 90% of my eyes now - allows me to have any shape I want which is helpfull. The shirts for Ernie and Bert were hand printed because as you probably know that material is not available and its not enrie and Bert if you don't have to right stripes. I also made a pair of pajamas for ernie to wear, i will take photos soon. :stick_out_tongue:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hey Keeermit, once agian great job.

Also wondering what do you make the eyes out of???

By the way, if it's hard material to get to make the eyes could you let me know where I can find some.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i have a feeling he is vacuforming his own, its not hard to do , but does involve some work to make a vacuforming table, google it , lots of resources out thier,

for most of us Yanks it will be easier to find sources here in the states than trying to order from the land down under,

mzredbox

Reaction score
Hey Kermeet!!! AMAZING JOB on those replicas!! They look so authentic (if that's the right word:wink:)! 1 question though, where did you get the fur that you used for trekkie monster's body(/head)?
Thanks,
M.Z

Keeermit

Reaction score
hey there,
thanks for all you kind words as always. Sorry for the slow response I have been overseas for a few weeks. To answer the question about Ernie and Berts stripey shirts - I screen printed the stripes onto material, each color seperately - took for ever to do but I am very happy with the results. I make about 70% of my own eyes these days I find it easier to be able to just make the shape im after instead of searching around for objects I can use as eyes. Trekkies fur was a store bought fur which I then dyed to the right color I was after. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
H:zany:ly crap those are AMAZING!

The Bart puppet is so cool too, and your originals!
*faints
I especially like Damon Punk, Rubin Monster and Kev the Koala. Absolutely amazing.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about making replicas of Cookie Monster and new versions of Gonzo and Oscar?