New Fraggle Merchandise in 2017?

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
Secondly, it's not so much if the game prize toys are of quality and look good, they're still things you need thousands of tickets at an arcade to get. And that will always be the easiest option as far as rigged carny games and claw machines are concerned. These things will never be available for retail sales, which is the bottom line. For years only the Nanco plush of Pepe and Rizzo were the only ones available until the Disney Store released not nearly enough of them to go around. While there have always been some Fraggle Rock option, and it's probably easier (and considering how many tickets, sadly relatively cheaper) to track down previous ones online, that are hopefully in good enough condition.
Honestly, I won't be surprised if they get pretty cheap down the road. Barely any kids even know what Fraggle Rock is (Unless they have Muppet Fanatic friends or relatives) So they might just sit on the shelves until whatever arcades that are still around decide that it's been long enough that there is no point in keeping them around (one time i found an entire box full of inflatable axes behind a chuckecheese) or they inevitably go out of business.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I could see them doing okay at a Dave and Busters if they have some fans old enough to remember them and still be nostalgically charged to try and win them. But I also see them being shoved near the sides and bottoms of crane machines in malls or grocery stores that have them for some reason.

But I think you nailed it. Fraggle Rock, unfortunately, isn't nearly as popular as The Muppet Show or Sesame Street characters. Or heck, even Labyrinth or Dark Crystal. The lack of good merchandise is directly correlated with the lack of interest as even in FR's heyday, it was on a premium cable channel. Sure, we had some great stuff during the great Muppet Merchandise resurgence of '03-'06 where Henson was actively trying to get FR out there as well as the more famous Muppets. FR plush with DVD's hit Target. Doesn't get more mainstream than that.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I fondly remember the Sababa plush Fraggles - I used to own them. I cant say I'd be interested in anything plush, but if a company did action figures, that would be cool. Funko released a line of highly detailed Dark Crystal figures, so its possible they could cover Fraggle Rock as well. I'm not sure what the demand for something like that is though...

Dodo

Reaction score
Take a look at this
Looks like a company called Super Impulse is making fraggle stuff :big_grin: There were some pictures from the toy fair on Toughpigs as well:

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Hmm looks like those might be bendy figures, that would be cool, if regular articulated action figures won't be released.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I just read that the mini figures are going to be blind boxed! I'm not a fan of blind boxed items, especially when I'm only after certain characters. Wish they'd do a set of the Fraggles by themselves.

Dodo

Reaction score
So I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the site Foodie listed has been updated with pictures :smile:

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Looks like they updated with images of the plush line(s). They are being sold in 8, 11, or 28 inches? Seems like a bit much. I wonder when we'll see final images of the PVC miniatures line - that's what might interest me.