1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Henson GSN show: Late Night Liars

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Luke, Apr 24, 2010.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The puppets and puppetry look great. If it weren't so scripted the natural improv humor of the performers might shine brighter. The jokes are a little stale and obvious in this clip. It's too early to tell. I hope for the best. :o
  2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It's Victor Yerrid.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I forgot to set the DVR for this, but from what I've read on the TP forums, I didn't miss anything special. I'm usually one for swearing/lewdness on TV, so long as it's appropriate (context-wise), not when it's the only way to get a laugh.
  4. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

eh it was ok but I was mosyly ZZZzzzzzZZZzzz.
    Perhaps it's the scripted thing, I don't know but I can't stand the host or the mummy.
  5. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I still can't wait to see the next episode! I love the puppets, I love Larry Miller and I love the idea of the game.

The Weasel has got to be Victor Yerrid's best character!
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree with you with the meh-factor, but the Mummy and Larry are my favorite parts for some reason. :confused: I guess it's that they seem more relaxed and less on-the-nose.
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

The Mummy (based on that clip) seems to be sort of a Paul Lynde character... maybe?

I'm not crazy about what I've seen. But I do love that weasel! They should just make it the Larry Miller and Weasel show.
  8. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I Love Cashmere Ramada. she's funny! I've recorded some episodes on my DVR.
  9. antsamthompson9

They're going to rerun it tonight at 3 in the morning. You might want to set the DVR and watch it for yourself. I think you'll find yourself disagreeing with the people at TP.
  10. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I don't know but the old gay stereo type has been done to death recently when it comes to Henson Alternative.
    I just don't think Larry works very well with the characters but I'll watch again just in case it was first episode jitters or something lol
    Pretty much Scooter, and that's already being done on American Dad and it's being done much better.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

So far it seems a little staged and clumsy, but it is the first episode. It will take a while to hit its stride...I'm reserving final judgement for a while.
  12. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I enjoyed the show enough, but honestly I don't see it lastly for very long. I wouldn't mind it at all if I turn out to be wrong on that.
  13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i agree 100% they need to have the free range
  14. Aside from The Weasel and maybe a couple or few other bits, I really didn't care for this show too much.

I'm agreeing with TheJimHensonHour, frogboy, and the "meh-factor."
  15. joltman

joltman New Member

I really want to see this, though I don't have GSN. I have a question for those that have seen it, last Thursday, it looked like it was scheduled to run in pairs, ie at 11PM and 11:30PM. Did they show two different episodes?
  16. antsamthompson9

No, they didn't.
  17. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

its the words of Kermit from Muppets take Manhattan its missing something , hopefully they find it soon
  18. antsamthompson9

There's going to be a new episode tonight at 11 o'clock. Be sure to tune in!
  19. antsamthompson9

I just finished watching the new one, and it was pretty hilarious.
  20. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I loved the new episode. They said that they shot eight episodes of this show so I hope the show gets big enough to shoot more shows.