New Henson "R2" DVD's coming this Feb. & July '05

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Apparently Mother Goose comes on on Monday 14th. Im not sure when Mopatop will come out.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Apparently Mother Goose comes on on Monday 14th. Im not sure when Mopatop will come out.
Sendit.com has now changed "Dog City", "Mother Goose" & "Mopatop Shop"dates. The DVD's will be released 14th March :boo:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I'm sure each of six Mopatop's Shop episodes would contain an obscure Muppet character or two who were on "The Muppet Show" along with "Fraggle Rock", "Jim Henson's Animal Show", "Muppets Tonight", etc.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Update

Technical Details :
Certification: U
Duration: 39 mins
Format: DVD
Region: 2
Cat. No: HEN42401(HIT ENTERTAINMENT PLC)
Soundtrack Languages: Dolby Digital: English
DVD EXTRAS :None stated

Soruce : sendit.com

It looks like "Muppet Televison" "Henson Intro" & "Closing Comments" are removed :boo: :mad: :cry:

And no DVD special features to be confimed.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
It looks like "Muppet Televison" "Henson Intro" & "Closing Comments" are removed :boo: :mad: :cry:

And no DVD special features to be confimed.
Yeah, they would have to be removed. Disney owns the rights to all those parts, HIT just has the "movie" itself none of the other parts of the particular Jim Henson Hour episode. No special features yet? - a episode or two from the DogCity TV Show would be an easy add - I wonder if there will be any special features; I guess only time will tell.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Yeah, they would have to be removed. Disney owns the rights to all those parts, HIT just has the "movie" itself none of the other parts of the particular Jim Henson Hour episode. No special features yet? - a episode or two from the DogCity TV Show would be an easy add - I wonder if there will be any special features; I guess only time will tell.
I can't see why not as Rowlf appears in the special, why not the others :concern:?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
I can't see why not as Rowlf appears in the special, why not the others :concern:?
It's all how the deals were worked out.

To put is simply Disney does not own Dog City the movie (Henson does), Disney does however own the other parts of the Jim Henson Hour (Muppet TV and Jim's opening/closing). Every peice of film with Kermit, Rowlf, Gonzo, or an yother Muppet on it was not sold to Disney's control. Each and every production was assessed and delt with. The Jim Henson Hour was highly chopped up between the companies. Likewise Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, and The Christmas Toy, both of which feature Kermit the Frog were kept by Henson. Follow that Bird (which as Kermit) was kept by Sesame Workshop, ect. It does not matter who is in it, it matters who owns the production that determines what can be released by who. Henson does not need to cut Kermit or Rowlf out - they own the productions as is; but they don't own the other stuff.

Dog City was not sold to Disney. It does not matter who is in it - it matters who owns the production; and Dog City the Movie is owned by Henson; the other parts of the episode are not. The Muppet TV segments and Jim's remarks were sold to Disney.

Some sources say parts (not the whole thing; just certin parts) of the Secrets of the Muppets episode of the JHH was retained by Henson. So the Dog City parts could be on the disk (but that episode really would be chopped up and hacked apart). It's just how the deals played out. It is a shame but the Jim Henson Hour took a beating and was split up in little chunks,

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Here's another Muppet DVD to add on to the list (sort of) :wink: :

An Audience with Joe Pasquale:
Granda Ventures have just sent over details for the March release of An Audience with Joe Pasquale. Featuring the best bits and more from the recent ITV1 ratings smash, this DVD release sees the ‘squeaky one’ at his live and squeaky best. This DVD is the complete uncut version of the ITV1 show, with 20 minutes of unseen sketches that the producer didn’t want you to see - including Sheila Ferguson with emus Ant ‘n’ Dec and Joe playing a card trick on Aide from The Salon. You can expect to pick up this title from the 21st March where it will retail for £15.99. Gonzo The Great guest stars :big_grin:

Soruce : dvdanswers.com

Gonzo appears on the DVD cover ! : CLICK TO VIEW

For a bigger pic of Gonzo CLICK HERE